IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well the UAW is a pretty strong union
their breaks are timed and negotiated. I remember doing the time clock routine at the age of 16 or so where you had to punch out to hit the bog and punch back in when done, you didnt get paid to sit and sh*t was what we were told. Used to manage a fastfood joint in the late 70's. Breaks were 10 minutes 2 a day with one lunch break of 30 minutes. No more no less. I didnt have a hardon enforcing those rules but other managers loved to do it.
thanx,
bill
"I'm selling a hammer," he says. "They can beat nails with it, or their dog."
Richard Eaton spy software innovator
New Remember time clocked job
I don't know the routine at most places, but where I worked, someone clocked in, came over to you at your position and relieved you, you'd tell them about any problems that had happened during your shift, you went over to the time clock, and clocked out. I remember the one time I actually clocked out a couple of minutes early and got a formal reprimand (even though the only thing I would have been doing during those two or three minutes would have been sitting on my butt.)

If you're in a union job, you follow their rules. Period. No room for leeway. That's one problem with most unions - they can apply power to their company(s), in terms of negotiating contracts with the employers, but they also apply coercive power to their members, and end up with lowest common denominator one-size-fits-all rules.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt, from his Recluse series
     Bogs, Breaks and timekeeping - (boxley) - (5)
         Never in 40+ working years have I been told to time breaks. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Saw that.. and since you mention it - - (Ashton)
         The mind bog-gles. - (CRConrad) - (2)
             Well the UAW is a pretty strong union - (boxley) - (1)
                 Remember time clocked job - (wharris2)

For he IS the Kwisatz Haderach!
45 ms