IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Foreclosure rates continue to climb
[link|http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=afjq9WCz.Zy8&refer=us|Bloomberg]
The jump in 30-year mortgage rates by more than a half a percentage point since May is putting a crimp on borrowers with the best credit just as a crackdown in subprime lending standards limits the pool of qualified buyers. Foreclosures also are increasing as the supply of unsold homes hit a record 4.43 million in May, according to the National Association of Realtors.

Foreclosure rates in ``most states remained substantially above last year's levels,'' RealtyTrac Chief Executive Officer James Saccacio said in a statement.

In June, defaults surged 87 percent to 164,644 from a year ago, said RealtyTrac, a seller of foreclosure data, in the statement today. Last month's total was 7 percent lower than in May. California, Florida, Ohio and Michigan accounted for half the national total in June.

Even the most optimistic are now predicting the slump in housing will continue into next year. Worse, the big home builders are cutting their building plans for next year already, as they are all siting on piles of unsold homes and prices are dropping.

Nevada had the highest foreclosure rate in June with one filing for every 175 households, more than four times the national average of one per 704, RealtyTrac said. Nevada had 4,722 foreclosure filings, more than three times its total a year ago.

I would say that is frightening, but from what I understand it is mostly speculators in Vegas taking a bath.

Jay
New I can attest to Michigan being where they say.
Currently West Michigan is the worst performing Real Estate region in the US. Real Estate is going down in price faster than people are trimming "sale price".

The person next door has been trying to sell her house for 2 years. It went from $130K, to $124.9K, to $121K, to $114K to $109K, to $104K. It still wasn't selling. Its not a bad house, though the homeowner to the south is a bastard. :-)

She finally got an offer from a Condo builder as part of trade for a new Condo and customizations, plus of course additional money from her. The new condos are ~$150K, she said she took on $60K of debt above what the house had left. She originally bought the house for $92K.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
     Foreclosure rates continue to climb - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
         I can attest to Michigan being where they say. - (folkert)

Don't forget, I was present at an unexplained mass sea sponge migration!
41 ms