IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Money as a bargaining chip is very abusable
I don't think Lily's ex wants to visit his children anyway.

Alas, if child support payments could be used as a bargaining chip, the non-custodian could dictate terms. He who pays the piper calls the tune. If the non-custodian withheld money, the custodian could respond by denying access but guess which parent has to deal with the suffering child and various, practical consequences? Indeed, in the battle of the sexes in general, guess who blinks first rather than let the child suffer?

Yes, I know what we have now is the custodian messing around the non-custodian. It's bad in the UK as well. So, attach payment to access and the non-custodian can abuse this to have his way; disconnect them and the custodian can abuse it to have her way. I'd go with the latter, myself, as people starve less.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New I know: it's pretty much no-win however you dice it.
Making the 'lose' the least unpalatable gets us to where we are today.

Knowing human nature, if Lily's ex doesn't want to visit the kids, that would be likely why he doesn't want to pay support. Some people can't understand it doesn't work that way...

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

Had a visit from the county sheriffsdept this evening - (Lily) - (30)
         He doesn't have a leg to stand on - (admin)
         Thoughts are with you - (Yendor)
         hope the judge reams him a new one -NT - (boxley)
         Bummer. - (Another Scott)
         Michigan does *NOT* look to kindly... - (folkert)
         Sending good vibes your way! -NT - (bepatient)
         Good Luck - (Bman)
         I'm kinda on the other side of the line. - (static) - (4)
             Money as a bargaining chip is very abusable - (warmachine) - (1)
                 I know: it's pretty much no-win however you dice it. - (static)
             I understand - (Lily) - (1)
                 Litigation, n. . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Depending upon how the judge rules - (jbrabeck)
         May it go well for you! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         That sucks. See if the judge will raise his support payments -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
             Its in Michigan, the Judge probably will. -NT - (folkert)
         Fortunately.. - (Ashton)
         Try to relax. You'll win this, obviously. Afterwards... - (CRConrad) - (4)
             The AU system got overhauled recently. - (static)
             I hope your opinion of me - (Lily) - (2)
                 No, of course it ain't :-) and sure, I know that's what... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Okay. - (Lily)
         Doesn't want to pay child support? - (imric)
         Well... - (Lily) - (6)
             What is the term of endearment? - (folkert) - (5)
                 I'm sure I'll hear a few choice words of endearment - (Lily) - (4)
                     ping me offline if you need to -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Thanks - (Lily)
                     Dim bulb - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Yep. - (Lily)

All Your Basic Auth... no, I just can't do it...
87 ms