IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Toledo cops sell ads on patrol cars
[link|http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/04/toledo-cops-begin-selling-ads-on-police-cruisers/|Autoblog]
In exchange for $15,000, the cars will have a 3 by 1 foot ad placed on the rear quarter panels. Four businesses have signed on so far, which means that two cars have been paid for. Toledo PD Chief Mike Navarre has received more negative feedback than good comments, but the bottom line is that it's going to offset the considerable annual cost of replacing all those cars. The influx of cash means the fleet gets replenished sooner while still leaving money for the many other things a police department needs. Innovative thinking in tough times is a consistent theme in America, and Toledo's not the first department to put ads on their cars.

Sweet, now the big corporations can own the police directly, rather then going through a politician.

[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]

Jay
New I am struck dumb.
New betcha dunkin donuts bought the first ad
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New First quick read was dRunking donuts.... :-)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New I see: I see: 'Bail Bonds'__'Medical Marijuana'__Hand Guns

... and So Much more
     Toledo cops sell ads on patrol cars - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
         I am struck dumb. -NT - (jake123)
         betcha dunkin donuts bought the first ad -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             First quick read was dRunking donuts.... :-) -NT - (jbrabeck)
         I see: I see: 'Bail Bonds'__'Medical Marijuana'__Hand Guns -NT - (Ashton)

If I'm going to visit an exotic foreign land with L. Ron Hubbard or Jim Jones, I'll opt for the Scientology tour.
66 ms