IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You're just now noticing this?
You're kidding right?

Hell, we've got people thrown out of public areas for wearing T-Shirts by people pretending to be police officers. Asking questions is steps far beyond that.
New It may be worse now...
[link|http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/NEWS01/706060362/1002/NEWS01|Times Argus] (via Drudge):

Jayna Hutchinson, now of Lebanon, N.H., was scheduled for a jury trial this week on a misdemeanor charge of cruelty to animals.

A Vermont State Police sergeant said Hutchinson was intoxicated and stared at his police dog in a "taunting/harassing manner" last July while officers were in the process of investigating a reported melee outside a West Fairlee establishment.

"Prosecuting a woman for staring at a police dog is absurd," said Kelly Green, a public defender appointed by Vermont District Court in Orange County to represent Hutchinson. She likened the act to giving a police officer the finger \ufffd a form of expression protected by rights accorded under the First Amendment.

"After looking at the video, I did not think it was worthwhile proceeding," Orange County State's Attorney Will Porter said Tuesday.

He said it would be difficult to prove that Hutchinson's behavior met the statutory standard for cruelty to animals, which in this case would have required that Hutchinson "intentionally torment(ed) or harass(ed) an animal owned \ufffd by a police department."

[...]

Police have always had the power to arrest people on a whim. We may just hear about it more now, but maybe not. While we can't pick our officers, we can pick our prosecutors/states attorneys/etc. (or at least their bosses), and our judges. We need to be careful in those choices, because they protect us from abuses by officers who feel offended.

Fortunately, Porter seems to have some idea of what he's supposed to do in his position.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Perhaps 'Lebanon' is confused about their.. home continent?

New Whim? Did you catch her blood alcohol level?
They charged her with something stupid, agreed....but I wouldn't be classifying this person as your average innocent.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New It's like what George Carlin said many years ago...
"You can prick your finger, but you can't finger your prick"

(OK, it's not at all like what George Carlin once said. but the remark about "While we can't pick our officers, we can pick our prosecutors/states attorneys/etc.", just trigger an associative memory flash. I'm sorry...I'm out of practice. But it's still a funny line....)
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New The nose, though, is truly unique.
I mean, you're stuck with the one you've got, so you can't(*) pick your nose -- but then again, if there's one thing you can(+) pick, it's your nose.

Truly the most remarkable of organs!

(*): Disregarding, for the moment, the wonders of modern plastic surgery. (If they even qualify -- even if it looks different, isn't it still essentially the same?)

(+): Assuming you haven't lost all your fingers to traumatic injury or, say, leprosy.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New (+) But then you can pick it up off the floor
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New Or in your case, with an icepick... HTH!
:-)
New Exactly the point! Thank you, I'm here all week.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New "Harder to pick than a plastic nose"...

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

what part of asking a question gets you arrested? - (boxley) - (22)
         Re: what part of asking a question gets you arrested? - (andread) - (2)
             Is the USA still a free country? -NT - (jake123) - (1)
                 We got rid of freedom with the Patriot Act. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         The part where they don't like how you look -NT - (GBert) - (6)
             Or maybe the part that.. - (bepatient) - (5)
                 arrested, charged with treapassing and disorderly -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Was he credentialed? - (bepatient) - (3)
                         he had press creds -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             Interesting - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 agreed -NT - (boxley)
         Crud, we are going to hear about that for years - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Re: Crud, we are going to hear about that for years - (bepatient)
         You're just now noticing this? - (Simon_Jester) - (9)
             It may be worse now... - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 Perhaps 'Lebanon' is confused about their.. home continent? -NT - (Ashton)
                 Whim? Did you catch her blood alcohol level? - (bepatient)
                 It's like what George Carlin said many years ago... - (jb4) - (5)
                     The nose, though, is truly unique. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         (+) But then you can pick it up off the floor -NT - (folkert) - (2)
                             Or in your case, with an icepick... HTH! -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 Exactly the point! Thank you, I'm here all week. -NT - (folkert)
                         "Harder to pick than a plastic nose"... -NT - (static)

And he laughed and he laughed and he laughed.
133 ms