IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New big pig
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/05/30/PH2007053002036.html?nav=hcmodule|oink-oink]
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Did he kill it because it was big
or just because it was there?

Methinks he should have to eat it. All of it.
And feare its elder brother.

New Re: Did he kill it because it was big
[link|http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/680/public/news811506.html|Both, apparently] (H/T to Andrew G, downthread):
The monster hog gained worldwide acclaim after he was harvested by 11-year-old Jamison Stone, a Pickensville native, with a .50-caliber pistol on May 3 at the Lost Creek Plantation, LLC, a hunting preserve in Delta. The big boar was hunted inside a large, low-fence enclosure and fired upon 16 times by Stone, who struck the animal nearly a half-dozen times during the three-hour hunt.
Phil Blissitt purchased the pig for his wife as a Christmas gift in December of 2004. From 6 weeks old, they raised the pig as it grew to its enormous size.

Not long ago, they decided to sell off all of their pigs. Eddy Borden, owner of Lost Creek Plantation, purchased Fred.
While Rhonda Blissitt was somewhat in the dark about the potential demise of her pet, Phil Blissitt said he was under the understanding that it would breed with other female pigs and then "probably be hunted."
As the Blissitts recounted the events of the last two days, they told stories and made many references to the gentleness of their former "pet."

From his treats of canned sweet potatoes to how their grandchildren would play with him, their stories painted the picture of a gentle giant. They even talked about how their small Chihuahua would get in the pen with him and come out unscathed.
"But if they hadn't fed him in a while," Rhonda Blissitt said, "he could have gotten irate."
Ah, the manly arts! Plinking tame prey (quite likely astonished to be taking fire from a primate, since until a few days before the bipeds in his life had been the agreeable providers of buckets of slop and like delicacies) in a fenced enclosure with .50-calibre rounds for three hours. How jolly! How character-building! It's as though we'd been privileged to have...a glimpse of Dick Cheney in boyhood!

I'm unenthusiastic about hunting, but I'm aware that I do not exactly bring impeccable PETA credentials to this party, since I've consumed many a porkchop derived from swine slain on assembly lines. Still, this somehow fails the smell test for me. I think Ashton's take is just about right.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New old news? repeat?
New Turns out it was a tame pig named Fred.
Farmer Phil Blissitt who raised it bought it in 2004 at 6 weeds and sold it to the hunting preserve four days before it was shot because he was clearing all the pigs off his farm (Los Angeles Times 02 May 2007, page A10)
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     big pig - (rcareaga) - (4)
         Did he kill it because it was big - (Ashton) - (1)
             Re: Did he kill it because it was big - (rcareaga)
         old news? repeat? -NT - (Simon_Jester)
         Turns out it was a tame pig named Fred. - (Andrew Grygus)

A load of old toss.
110 ms