IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I doubt she knew what results she wanted.
New brevity award with oak clusters
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New How could that have been any clearer?
She wanted to awaken the somnolent to get their asses in gear, stop shopping for. a. couple. minutes. and - generally - emulate the actions which the public *had* to take -- to drown out the Noise Machine of Rummy, precisely as the target in Vietnam I was: Robert McNamara, the egually-people-isolated LBJ (and all who sailed in her.)

ONLY 'That-all activity', across all er Rices, creed-Os and badges: proved sufficient to force an end to that 58,000-US-death sausage grinder (and the traditionally uncounted millions of 'collaterals') -- that sooo typical biz-Murican sleaze-buzz word used then ... as now.

We never grow up; we be Peter Pan, but without the joy and with a galaxy's quota of sanctimony about our Xian-Chosen-peoples'Goodness.

As summarized by one person in the [link|http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/30/MNGHPQ3PSH1.DTL&hw=Joe+Garofoli&sn=001&sc=1000| SF Chron] this AM:
"She was a very good mix of the symbolic and the real. She was a real person who lost a real son and wanted real answers from a real president," said Michael Nagler, a professor emeritus at UC-Berkeley and founder of its Peace and Conflict Studies program.

What's so hard (or fuzzy) about That?

(Even if.. Fat Chance! amidst the institutionalized droids who wouldn't recognize real? wearing an unstained blue dress and with a pile of childrens' severed heads on a silver tray. Anybody remember those very early Shockn'Retch pix of just such er, misunderestimated targetting of a market area? I do.)

Yathink she imagined that weaning millions from their Murican Idol / 10,000 playlists heroin would. be. EZ? Maybe she thought it was, at least - possible?? Sheesh.

New Which was of course, sadly, impossible.
Ashton quotes the [link|http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/30/MNGHPQ3PSH1.DTL&hw=Joe+Garofoli&sn=001&sc=1000| SF Chron]:
"She was a very good mix of the symbolic and the real. She was a real person who lost a real son and wanted real answers from a real president," said Michael Nagler, a professor emeritus at UC-Berkeley and founder of its Peace and Conflict Studies program.
Doesn't help that she's a real person who lost a real son -- when there is no real president to get any real answers from, she can't get any real answers from a real president.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Can only speculate on her prior knowledge of the odds..
But most (including self, far too often) excuse the risking of Nothing - via the convenient umbrella of cynicism re all efforts.

Still.. what better windmill to tilt at than -
(Akin to the title of Gore's new book, The Assault on Reason)
- the madness of little-Jesus and his era of Belief VS the cold stats of heaped dead burned bodies, with no end in sight.

Nope, couldn't possibly know her (initial) level on the scale Pollyanna - - -> Machiavelli - but it's irrelevant. She Got Off Ass, as did some initial thousands (in the end - millions) in the Vietnam-I marches, demos, agit-prop.

Murican inertia, it seems - only grows. Takes *a lot* to compete with such profound intellectual fodder as Murican Idol, donchaknow.. 'Less'n your kid gets killed or something.

New her biggest mistake in my opinion
was not clearly seeing who the people purporting to help her really were.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Whereas You, of course - - -
[oblig. ref to a Rathbone Sherlock Holmes, Woman in Red?/Green? wherein Watson is Certain--> that "people of intelligence" could never fall for the charlatanism of 'hynosis'.. at the local Mesmer Society.]

You - - -
see. right. through. all their little games..

..being the wise, cynical {humble} perfectly-psycho{analytical?} motherfucker that you are, eh?

No sale on your hypothesis, either - you don't know Anything about her early/middle or today- mentation. Nor does er, Womens-wear-Daily et al. Got It?

We. Don't. Know. {Sheesh} which comes first, the chicken or the ego?

New nope, I have been shucked, bamboozled, hoodwinked, fooled
a bazillion ways from sundays, so I have usually heard the pitch before. She prolly hadnt.
thanx,
bill

Sheehan breaks with Democratic party and anti-war groups - (JayMehaffey) - (10)
         Wise, hope not too late. - (Ashton)
         I don't think she understood what she was in for. - (Another Scott) - (8)
             I doubt she knew what results she wanted. -NT - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                 brevity award with oak clusters -NT - (boxley)
                 How could that have been any clearer? - (Ashton) - (5)
                     Which was of course, sadly, impossible. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         Can only speculate on her prior knowledge of the odds.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                             her biggest mistake in my opinion - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Whereas You, of course - - - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     nope, I have been shucked, bamboozled, hoodwinked, fooled - (boxley)

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
94 ms