IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Interesting view ?___wonder whose it is..
(Reply, as result of inferences in That Other mangled thread. I didn't think that fulmination merited much of an answer.)

I'll play to your game now, and see if I can parse these quips down to rilly simple Econ $levels, where inevitably - you are constrained in all matters. I said, merely:
Class warfare, this time with effective communications - counterbalancing the vast hoard of $$ up there with the 2% <> against the hordes: the futchah?

Let's hear some rilly nasty racist Murican-grade shit blurted out about these 41M peones, after a few of those $25 Martinis ... muttered just a bit too close to a cel fone camera. Love. It.

Foremost - if you imagine that this current ""Immigration"" brouhaha is about 'closing borders' and some handy digital answer of that ilk - then you really Are terminally formulaic.

IMO, Underlying this lead-in topic, every time it comes up is -- our record on slavery / the demonstrated willingness of Murican forebears to buy all those patently false stereotypes (like 'low IQs', for just one) - from which to create their other smarmy rationalizations for, simply:
sustained bestial acts against humans Just Like Themselves, but humans mostly.. quite-less-Nasty.

Even after abolition, 'citizenship' was never fully honored for [all. people. of color.], and.. not just up to Emmett Till nor by the '60s Freedom Rides ... or even 20 years after those. Ex:

'Caging' was used by the Rove army in last year's election - whose manipulated results may have been as bogus, in limiting the landslide-against numerical outcome - as was the 2000 one (with all its other overt roadblocks).

The 2% (and especially the top-10% of those actual managers of Murican political outcomes) may or may not possess today more enlightened views of humankind, generally -- than the earlier Robber Barons -- but manifestly this group will do all in their Large power to maintain the accelerating process of National Wealth concentration Upwards.

You cannot successfully promulgate any feasible alternative to the "keep em illegal and desperate, so we can continue to pay them shit-wages" -- a handy trend as see reaching up to the wearers-of-suits now, if I am not mistaken in my readings of the newsfotainment of recent years.)

Not silly to try, of course -- but to the extent we already Are a corporatocracy? (precursor to a few other isms) -- serious changes towards improved earnings of the poorest 20% and treatment of 'all races' equitably: are about as likely to occur as - CIEIOs reducing their pay to a mere 20X that of the people who make all their fiefdoms Work out At All.

'Amnesty' is just that familiar code word du jour re this extremely embarrassing topic, a topic which goes far beyond mere 'immigation rules' or walls or desiderata.
It's code akin to 'support the troops' (keep them in an endless and lost war - and Trust Me\ufffd') -- a bit of bafflegab which, while so very Lame-on-inspection, is currently still confounding the wimpy (as well as not-usually-wimpy) DC-type democrats. We're still the TerrySchiavo kinda ditzy place.

It's 'Hard', innit?
(to quote another whiner we've had to hear since the first selection 6 years ago)
to do much better than these stupid word-murder games which only Muricans deem to be 'political discourse': if half your populace care not to register - and half the rest sorta sometimes show up, if they get through the filters.

Scott's, others' careful research in the Dope-pusher thread utterly swamps your lame yes-buts, IMO -- maybe there's hope for some useful examination of 'Immigration', here sometime. In some untainted new thread. Eh, mebbe it's all done.

Oh, re my second quip? could Pavlov have wished for more? -- inventing some imagined POV for moi -- from my general comment on nothing more sinister than..

~how, in retard-Murica: such large issues are Usually smothered in stupid stereotypes Like This One.

HTH,

I Who Be
(but not.. What you love to imagine)

New illegal somehow denotes criminality
can someone point out in federal law which criminal code is being broken by overstaying a visa or swimming to republica del norte? I get confused on this.
Uncivil is a better adjective I think.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Is Rush Limbaugh right? - (Ashton) - (5)
         the republicans might get the party back from the wackos? - (boxley)
         Interesting view - (bepatient) - (2)
             Re: Interesting view ?___wonder whose it is.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 illegal somehow denotes criminality - (boxley)
         Both parties are divided - (JayMehaffey)

We have wet blue cow.
30 ms