IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dinos on the ark at the new Creation Museum
It is a measure of the museum\ufffds daring that dinosaurs and fossils \ufffd once considered major challenges to belief in the Bible\ufffds creation story \ufffd are here so central, appearing not as tests of faith, as one religious authority once surmised, but as creatures no different from the giraffes and cats that still walk the earth. Fossils, the museum teaches, are no older than Noah\ufffds flood; in fact dinosaurs were on the ark.

[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/24/arts/24crea.html|NYT] 

It was either here or science. I am tempted to go see it, but I can't support them. I don't see how they are going to generate enough visitors in the long run to be self-supporting. It is not like a Natural History museum where they are continually updating our knowledge of our world. The Creation Museum on the other hand, once you seen it what need will there be to go back? How much can it change?

Seamus
New if you already buy the storyline why bother to go see it?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Because if you buy the story line you also probably buy into
the need to get creationism equal billing with evolution. That view may get you there once, but it won't keep you coming back.
Seamus
New I thought dinosaurs were wiped in the flood?
I thought the christian explanation for the dinosaur fossils and no living dinosaurs was that they were destroyed by the flood? Surely, if dinosaurs were saved in the ark, there'd be survivors like the other animals?

I must remember not to expect rational analysis from blind faith. Never mind.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Don't look too closely.
I wonder if there's an exhibit on how the fresh- and salt-water fishes were kept alive, since they require different water conditions....

Places like these aren't put together by people who think scientifically. They're to tell a story and gain income. It's [link|http://www.creationmuseum.org/|$20] to get in as an adult, plus $5 if you want to see the planetarium. :-/

I'm sure [link|http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/about/ham.asp|Ken] enjoys all the free publicity he's getting...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not the Dinos, the Unicorns
Doncha remember the song?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Hey! Don't pick on Ginger Baker or Stevie Winwood!
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
     Dinos on the ark at the new Creation Museum - (Seamus) - (6)
         if you already buy the storyline why bother to go see it? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Because if you buy the story line you also probably buy into - (Seamus)
         I thought dinosaurs were wiped in the flood? - (warmachine) - (3)
             Don't look too closely. - (Another Scott)
             Not the Dinos, the Unicorns - (jbrabeck)
             Hey! Don't pick on Ginger Baker or Stevie Winwood! -NT - (jb4)

Always wook on da bwight side of Wife!
136 ms