IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New GSA chief in trouble...
The U.S. Office of Special Counsel has found that General Services Administration chief Lurita Alexis Doan violated the federal Hatch Act when she allegedly asked GSA political appointees during a January briefing how they could "help our candidates" win the next election, according to a report by the office.

The Hatch Act restricts executive branch employees from using their position for political purposes. The special counsel's office, which investigates alleged violations of the law, said it would recommend that President Bush take disciplinary action against Doan, including possible removal from office.

I especially liked this part...

Doan lashes out at witnesses
In her sworn statement to investigators, Doan also said that GSA political appointees who gave testimony to investigators were biased, according to the report. "There is not a single one of those who did not have somewhere in between a poor to totally inferior performance," Doan said in her statement.

As a result of Doan's assertions, investigators examined the witnesses' recent performance reviews and found that her account was "unsupported and contradicted by the documentary evidence," the report said.

One employee singled out by Doan as "totally inferior" had recently received an evaluation that said the employee was "meeting expectations" and was called "an extremely proactive and valued member of the top management team," the report said.

[link|http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18833180/page/2/| WP ]

So...anyone taking bets of whether Bush will retain her or not. I'm divided...I don't think she's important enough for the Pres to keep her. (But given the Pres past preformance...)
New He'll keep everyone at this point
Why would he fire anyone?

He's not running for reelection, so he has no one to answer to.
If he fires someone, then their replacement might have to go through a congressional approval, which means pain and suffering. For what?

And as long as these people are in place, it will give a target, which means one less person attacking the chimp in chief headon.

The only way of of these people will be gone is if they quit because they can't handle the hearings, or if someone find a smoking gun (ala Goodling) and they have to get out of the limelight or even worse things will happen.
New With G...I think that's already happened.
He's lying in testimony before Congress (and under oath). That was good enough to get a President impeached.

Sadly I suspect that your right though -- Bush and others will not charge him / allow him to stand trial.
     GSA chief in trouble... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
         He'll keep everyone at this point - (crazy) - (1)
             With G...I think that's already happened. - (Simon_Jester)

Cloaca Cola... oh, that was sooo good.
42 ms