IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Did you hear the one about the preacher....
who threatened the pianist?

No shit.

He came up suddenly behind me Sunday morning before class, and hissed a threat right into my ear in front of 15 or so people... including my dad and mom and visiting sister. I told him to get away from me, and headed at a fast walk away from him, while my 84 year old dad jumped up and was planning to put himself between me and preacher, and the deacon started running to put himself between preacher and dad.

I was whisked into my classroom by other members, dad was trying to get through the deacon to get to the preacher, hollering that he might be 84 years old but he could still take him, and let him at em, etc... and sister grabbed mom who was embarrassed and upset.

Nice exciting return to church on the day of the lesson entitled, "Confront in Love."

If they didn't know he was a problem before, trust me, they know it now... and the deacons are handling it.

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New *Are* they handling it?
Or are they *mis*-handling it?

I think the deacons and the preacher both need to be held accountable for their actions. The preacher for those against you and the deacons for what they do about it.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New I believe that they are
Since this happened, I was finally able to feel okay about telling the deacons that this was not the first time he had threatened me... (yeah, I know I didn't even tell you all that, but I didn't know how tell someone I was being threatened by a preacher!). Anyway, the deacons now know that this was the piece of the puzzle I was afraid to tell them about, his threats to me about not telling anyone what he was doing, etc., and now since he made such a public scene at the church building, it's kind of out in the open air now that there is a serious problem with his temper and attitude.

I heard since then,that dad and preacher actually had a second encounter in the other building (where their classes are), after the first one, but it was also intervened in by the deacons. The craziest part is the preacher didn't even calm down when dad got mad, he kept yelling at dad, and everyone heard it. So I guess he kinda shot himself in the foot with this one, huh?

They met with him last night to have a discussion, but haven't let us know what happened yet. The preacher is going out of town this weekend and I'm playing the service for the sub preacher, so there will be a short breather where the preacher is gone while the deacons do whatever it is they need to do in this regard.

Oh, and Rcareaga, the reason I didn't quote the threat is because I was trying not to put anything online that is absolutely accurately traceable to the actual person who made it. Suffice it to say that it was to the tune of --stop fighting what I'm trying to do with this church or else you'll regret it..--, with a few more colorful words than that. ;)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl May 25, 2007, 12:41:19 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Nightowl May 25, 2007, 12:57:59 PM EDT
New Sounds like a power junkie with a Mission
And he has sooo much company, nowadays.

So then..
there's a natural road of advancement for this specimen! -
Cheney will hire him in a trice.
He can go on the road and "visit-you-where-you-live": lean on the parishes where the Elect Repo contributions have lately ... been noticed to be falling.

It's all Showbiz, y'know?
(Not a single undead person Can make any guarantees whatsoever about: WTF is GOING to happen to y'all or all-y'all. But it is a lucrative profession, pretending Otherwise.) "Profess" - such a lovely mercantile word.

Oh and -
Luck with coming euphemisms like, 'troubled.. needs a Sabattical.. means well in The Lord's Work.'

New Ah, I love the smell of Xian fellowship in the morning
...but why not share the "threat" with us? To set up the joke and withhold the punchline seems, well, unchristian.

piously,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
     Did you hear the one about the preacher.... - (Nightowl) - (4)
         *Are* they handling it? - (static) - (2)
             I believe that they are - (Nightowl) - (1)
                 Sounds like a power junkie with a Mission - (Ashton)
         Ah, I love the smell of Xian fellowship in the morning - (rcareaga)

Happiness is a lint filter full of thwarted pinworms.
53 ms