IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And probably quite a number of kids with "ADD"...

...don't actually have ADD. Asperger's is/has been a fad diagnosis for kids who're having trouble in school, just as ADD used to be (and to an extent still is). That doesn't say anything about what either condition actually entails in those who have them, but instead is an observation on the way we treat our children and our school system in this modern world.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
New The point I was trying to make was that I don't think
Aspergers is trying to replace ADD, as you mentioned earlier. If they are false positives, they happen for different reasons. ADD or ADHD can get diagnosed by MDs, Aspergers I don't believe is being diagnosed by MDs. If an overly stimulated kid is given a stimulant and becomes a more focused child it is easy to diagnose that as ADD. There may be no way to tell whether the child just wasn't able to learn to focus or there really is a biological problem with the kids activators and inhibitors. With enough motivation, kids learn to focus if they are able. Learning language pragmatics is not as easy to pick up once you have failed to learn them at the usual developmental stage.
Seamus
New I haven't read that post, just the subject line
Pretending I don't know it's only the first half of the sentence is much more fun.
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
     Kansas - (imric) - (38)
         :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
         Reminds me of when fluoridation of water first came out. - (a6l6e6x) - (23)
             The Luddites were correct - (bepatient) - (22)
                 So you vetted all 1,080,000 hits --> into one sound byte? - (Ashton) - (21)
                     tell it to my friend dominic - (boxley) - (18)
                         Accidents happen. :-( - (Another Scott) - (13)
                             brushing you teeth with salt or having it prescribed is one - (boxley) - (12)
                                 Do you have issues with all Public Health Initiatives - (Seamus) - (11)
                                     where a public issue of forcing public intake - (boxley)
                                     This one is simple - (bepatient) - (9)
                                         That's a pretty strong statement. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                             sure no prob - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Better link. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     point==missed - (boxley)
                                             Re: That's a pretty strong statement. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                 like this quote (jump to e&h) (new thread) - (boxley)
                                                 I think the ADA pdf rebuts that very, very well. YMMV. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     who paid for that pdf and put it before them to endorse? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Just attribute all uncomfortable conclusions to malice. - (Ashton)
                         Well, tell it to my son. - (a6l6e6x)
                         And what do you do about the black helicopters-tinfoil hats? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             ? you are comparing fact with theory - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Hardly - (Ashton)
                     I'm good, what can I say. - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Do you have a link? - (Seamus)
         Nah. - (ubernostrum) - (12)
             Well, as a parent of a child with autism - (jake123) - (11)
                 Agree entirely with your theses - (Ashton) - (6)
                     I know I shouldn't, but... - (ubernostrum) - (5)
                         Thus: the Gaussian's base is broad - (Ashton)
                         Asperger is not about attention deficits - (Seamus) - (3)
                             And probably quite a number of kids with "ADD"... - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                 The point I was trying to make was that I don't think - (Seamus) - (1)
                                     I haven't read that post, just the subject line - (drewk)
                 Be careful with those stats - (ubernostrum) - (3)
                     Cecil weighs in. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Intersting - (jake123) - (1)
                             I can't explain what you experienced. - (Another Scott)

You've got a lot of repressed feelings, don't you?
94 ms