IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New sure no prob
alaska native villages have been under imposed floridation for some time, my mil, sil, wife who never would drink the water from the taps have normal dentation for reasonable according to the general american population of similar age but except for my wife withoutt access to regular dental care. Now lets look at the native population specifically.
[link|http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:zxaV3nYDqWMJ:www.aap.org/nach/Halliday%2520presentation.pdf+dental+decay+alaska+native+populations&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a|http://209.85.165.10...&client=firefox-a]
s/Alaska Natives
American Indian and Alaska Native oral health
findings from past surveys
one out of three children report missing school
because of dental pain
one out of four children avoid laughing or
smiling, one out of five avoid meeting other
people because of the way their teeth look
one out of four adults are unable to chew hard
foods, 20% report difficulty sleeping, and 15%
limit their activities (I.e. work and leisure) as a
consequence of dental pain
according to you sucking down all that floride should prevent that. It does not in any measurable meaning.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Better link.
[link|http://www.aap.org/nach/Halliday%20presentation.pdf|Overview of the Indian Health Service]. It doesn't mention fluoride.

I don't doubt that health care, including dental care, among Native Americans is poor and substandard. It's a crime that they've been treated so badly by the USA for so long.

The closest article that I've been able to find that talks about fluoridation issues on Indian reservations is [link|http://adr.iadrjournals.org/cgi/reprint/11/2/210|this] 7 page .pdf. It compares Navajo and Lakota experiences with Baltimore and San Antonio. Unfortunately, it doesn't come to any clear conclusions (at least none that jump out at me quickly) but does discuss many factors that make comparisons difficult.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who realizes that this should have been branched to Epi and Health quite a while ago...)
New point==missed
the older non floride consuming folks have decent teeth, the young kids whose diet is much whitified have rotten teeth. If floride was so good, the teeth should match folks in other floridated white areas, it doesnt. So floride has done no appreciable good in these areas and exposes a risk of death and illness. That is the point Im looking at.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Kansas - (imric) - (38)
         :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
         Reminds me of when fluoridation of water first came out. - (a6l6e6x) - (23)
             The Luddites were correct - (bepatient) - (22)
                 So you vetted all 1,080,000 hits --> into one sound byte? - (Ashton) - (21)
                     tell it to my friend dominic - (boxley) - (18)
                         Accidents happen. :-( - (Another Scott) - (13)
                             brushing you teeth with salt or having it prescribed is one - (boxley) - (12)
                                 Do you have issues with all Public Health Initiatives - (Seamus) - (11)
                                     where a public issue of forcing public intake - (boxley)
                                     This one is simple - (bepatient) - (9)
                                         That's a pretty strong statement. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                             sure no prob - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Better link. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     point==missed - (boxley)
                                             Re: That's a pretty strong statement. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                 like this quote (jump to e&h) (new thread) - (boxley)
                                                 I think the ADA pdf rebuts that very, very well. YMMV. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                     who paid for that pdf and put it before them to endorse? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Just attribute all uncomfortable conclusions to malice. - (Ashton)
                         Well, tell it to my son. - (a6l6e6x)
                         And what do you do about the black helicopters-tinfoil hats? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             ? you are comparing fact with theory - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Hardly - (Ashton)
                     I'm good, what can I say. - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Do you have a link? - (Seamus)
         Nah. - (ubernostrum) - (12)
             Well, as a parent of a child with autism - (jake123) - (11)
                 Agree entirely with your theses - (Ashton) - (6)
                     I know I shouldn't, but... - (ubernostrum) - (5)
                         Thus: the Gaussian's base is broad - (Ashton)
                         Asperger is not about attention deficits - (Seamus) - (3)
                             And probably quite a number of kids with "ADD"... - (ubernostrum) - (2)
                                 The point I was trying to make was that I don't think - (Seamus) - (1)
                                     I haven't read that post, just the subject line - (drewk)
                 Be careful with those stats - (ubernostrum) - (3)
                     Cecil weighs in. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Intersting - (jake123) - (1)
                             I can't explain what you experienced. - (Another Scott)

From Cap'n Billy's Whizz Bang!
85 ms