IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Feith and Tenet both teaching at Georgetown
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/06/AR2007050600952.html?hpid=sec-politics|Washington Post]
On Douglas Feith's first day as a visiting professor at Georgetown last year, he dropped in on another new professor down the hall. George Tenet, the former director of central intelligence, was friendly and welcoming, Feith recalled. Feith, who as the No. 3 at the Pentagon had served in the Bush administration with Tenet, suggested they get together for lunch.

Not long afterward, Tenet moved his office, four floors down. He told friends he wanted to be as far away as possible from Feith.

No longer. Tenet and Feith are teaching rival versions of recent history and taking their disagreements public. Each is teaching a class that reflects his own worldview and experience in institutions -- the Defense Department and the CIA -- that saw the world in starkly different terms. Both classes concentrate on al-Qaeda and the events preceding Sept. 11, 2001, as well as on Iraq.

Interesting bit about their contrasting views of history. The article doesn't lay it out so bluntly, but the the effect is too point out that both are trying to spread the blame around to minimize their own failures.

Jay

[edit| Add the article]
Expand Edited by JayMehaffey May 8, 2007, 03:00:13 PM EDT
New What article?
Seamus
New What aggravated me was that Feith was allowed to write
the review of Tenet's book in the Wall Street Journal. (Sorry no link; it was a dead tree version) He pooh-poohed it, of course. They were adversaries in some ways and it was totally predictable and hence of little value. Publishing a letter so he could vent is fine but a book review gives to much credence to his opinion.

Not that I think Tenet was thorough or completely truthful, Feith picked on an item in the book that I had mentioned hearing from Tenet on TV. The item was that Richard Perle, on 9/12/2001 in the White House said to Tenet that Iraq must pay for 9/11. Tenet was shocked because he knew damn well then there was no connection between Saddam and al Qaeda.

Well, Feith said in the WSJ book review that that item was totally false. It never happened and besides Richard Perle was in France on 9/12/2001. If so, I would have to say that it was because Feith knew were the other members of his Mossad cell were at all times.

Feith is writing his own book.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x May 8, 2007, 11:08:28 PM EDT
New you think olmert would allow it? :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New If it's a pack of lies, sure!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
     Feith and Tenet both teaching at Georgetown - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
         What article? -NT - (Seamus)
         What aggravated me was that Feith was allowed to write - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             you think olmert would allow it? :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 If it's a pack of lies, sure! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Not that I'd ever eat a fish that was lured to WD-40, but hey...
56 ms