IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He should be disbarred...
but not for the reasons you're thinking of.

He's an ass. He's decided to go to court and come up with every little detail he can to pump that number up as high as it can go. (He's claiming an infraction of DC's Customer Protection Laws....)

And it's going to go no-where. The judge in the case has already stated that this is one plantiff about one pair of pants.

He's going to tie up the courts and the defendants time....all because he's a judge on a power-hungry ego trip.

And THAT'S why he needs to be disbarred. Not tort reform, but because he's lost all idea on scale of justice and his place in the world.

Next thing I expect him to do is to hold people in contempt of court for going to the wrong courtroom a' la Judge Sloop.
New I do not do business with judges or lawyers.
My own experience with lawyers confirms why surviving companies selling legal software are owned and operated by lawyers. If you can't sue with equal ease you won't get paid if the customer decides something isn't perfect - and with computer software it isn't ever going to be perfect. You can go broke trying to make it good but you won't get paid.

Last lawyer I dealt with was well over 10 years ago. He acquired a new male lover who fancied himself a "computer expert" and told him my goods were deficient. Cool - an unpaid invoice guaranteed he'd never call again.

Judges seem even worse. Some folks I knew who were definitely not well off sold their VW Microbus to a judge. He examined the records, found there was a time when the odometer cable had been broken and sued them over false mileage. Of course they had no money so he just took the Microbus for free. I've heard plenty of similar stories.

Doctors I'll deal with. They're cheap as hell and don't pay their bills for months or a year or so, but eventually they pay - most of the time. Lawyers and judges - forget it. California anti-discrimination law provides some protection for refusing to do business in situations where you feel it's too dangerous.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     A strong case for tort reform - (bepatient) - (28)
         I don't think this proves tort refrom is necessary - (Seamus) - (7)
             At least one issue - (bepatient) - (6)
                 Tenatively agree - (Seamus) - (5)
                     Legal standard of "Reasonable Man" - (bepatient) - (4)
                         In this case I definitely agree - (Seamus)
                         thats not what he is asking - (boxley) - (2)
                             Which is why it is clearly unreasonable. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Not only unreasonable but - (Seamus)
         He should be disbarred... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             I do not do business with judges or lawyers. - (Andrew Grygus)
         sanctions, yes. "tort reform," no - (rcareaga) - (7)
             There are all sorts of possibilities. - (bepatient) - (4)
                 cure. disease. worse. -NT - (rcareaga) - (3)
                     Where's the spirit... - (bepatient) - (2)
                         note that argument against death penalty - (rcareaga) - (1)
                             You figured that out, eh? - (bepatient)
             And opposition to tort reform is paid for by biggies, too -NT - (tonytib)
             glad you bet on the right bill - (boxley)
         You can sue anybody for anything in this country - (ubernostrum) - (1)
             Problem is... - (bepatient)
         He lost the case. - (admin) - (7)
             Looks like his mind went with it. - (bepatient)
             Black text on dark gray background??? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Black on white for me, FF 2.0 on Linux. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                     same here - Safari on XP -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                         Same here, now. Just a temporary glitch, I guess... -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Black on White - FireFox 2.0.0.3 on OS/2 -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Blue on medium gray here... - (jb4)

Why sure I'm a billiard player!
150 ms