IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Honestly, now...
Not only is it outrageous on the face of it. But it is a direct response to the problems with FBI has had with illegal information gathering. After admitting there is a problem and it would be stopped, they instead are moving to legalize their abusive tactics.

Did you really think they would not choose this course of action?

The open bluntness of the move surprises me, that is about it. Under a more deft operator, like Bush Sr, they would have played along for a year or two and then slipped something into an unrelated bill.

But playing well with others does not seem to be something this group has ever learned. They can barely pretend for short periods of time, let along actually do it.
Now what was that saying... Oh yes: "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

I think it was "Power tends to corrupt. Absolute power is a worthwhile goal."

Jay
New the secret
...from Calvin and Hobbes about twenty years ago:
Calvin: What do you think is the secret to happiness? Is it money, power or fame? I'd choose money. If you have enough money, you can buy power and fame—that way you'd have it all and be really happy! Happiness is being famous for your financial ability to indulge in every kind of excess.

Hobbes (looking skyward): I suppose that's one way to define it.

Calvin: The part I think I'd like best is crushing people who get in my way.
That's our junta in a nutshell if you ask me.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New The strip. 23 kB img.
From [link|http://www.s-anand.net/calvin_87.html|S-Anand].

[image|http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/ch/1987/ch870710.gif|0|Calvin on Money and Power|197|600]

Cheers,
Scott.
     Administration seeks blanket immunity for information - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
         Honestly, now... - (static) - (3)
             Re: Honestly, now... - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                 the secret - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     The strip. 23 kB img. - (Another Scott)

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rye!
55 ms