IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Good news
Things may be looking up.

[link|http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020214/ts_nm/economy_jobless_dc_4&cid=578|Jobless claims fall]

The four-week moving average, considered a more reliable measure of employment conditions because it irons out weekly fluctuations, fell to 376,000 from 381,500. That was its lowest level since 372,000 in the week ending Aug. 11 of last year, and marked the fourth straight weekly decline.
Many more Americans lost their jobs in the fourth quarter of 2001 than in the same period a year earlier, a government report showed on Wednesday, as the Sept. 11 attacks had a considerable negative effect on the nation's already shaky labor market.

However, a number of signs have emerged that the economy may be throwing off the shackles of recession. On Wednesday, many economists raised their forecasts for first quarter U.S. economic growth after the government reported U.S. consumers spent more than expected in January. Retail sales excluding automobiles surged 1.2 percent, the strongest gain in nearly two years.

-----
Steve
New Got a few openings at my company
Manager for product development is the most interesting to this group (or so I judge).

The product is finally getting ported to the web from a proprietary hardware/software delivery system. It is descended from the old U of I PLATO system with some integration of old early Lotus notes crap thrown in for good measure (lots of divergence since then). We provide alternative education to remote sites all over US/Canada and are starting to hit other countries. Huge library of lessons/classes mostly concentrated in k-12. I think the languages in use currently are c++ and java. Html is done with Dreamweaver (IIRC). This is one of three products. All will be eventually integrated into one platform. As soon as I get notice the job is offically open I will post the job description. Anyone who gets it will have to move to Champaign Il. I am pretty sure the salary is low 6 figures. That is very good for the location (generally 10-15 % lower than national average). Housing is quite reasonable in this area with some fantastic deals on truly grand houses.
With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
New You ever play "Saitank" on PLATO back in the 70's?
BConnors
"Prepare for metamorphosis. Ready, Kafka?"
New Nah, never even heard of PLATO till a couple years ago
With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
     Good news - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
         Got a few openings at my company - (Silverlock) - (2)
             You ever play "Saitank" on PLATO back in the 70's? -NT - (bconnors) - (1)
                 Nah, never even heard of PLATO till a couple years ago -NT - (Silverlock)

We need to drill for VASELINE in ALASKA!
36 ms