IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not misogyny, my friend.
Hillary would sell her mother down the river if it would mean more power for her.
Ominously, during an interview with Bill Moyers on Feb. 8, Warren reported that more middle-class American families will go through bankruptcy in 2004 than ever. Warren reports that 90 percent of the bankruptcy filings this year will be made by middle-class families, including some 9 million American households in divorce roughly one new filing every five minutes. By no coincidence, the Daily Bankruptcy News reports that consumer debt now equals 110 percent of disposable income, in comparison with 85 percent of disposable income 10 years ago and 65 percent 20 years ago. The consumer is exposed to rising interest rates, says Daily Bankruptcy News, because 40 percent of consumer debt is priced at floating rates.

Warren warns that when an unforeseen event such as serious illness, job loss or divorce occurs, middle-class American families have no discretionary income to fall back on and little or no savings. The Internet bubble of the late 1990s and the related swings in the value of the equity markets may have seemed gigantic at the time, but this important book suggests that the biggest bubble of all namely, the market for U.S. homes may be the next bubble set to deflate.

The author particularly is critical of the credit-card issuers and other pro-viders of consumer credit, accusing them of raping America's middle class, first through usurious interest rates on credit products and later by using the courts to take away their homes and other property. Warren likens the U.S. consumer-credit industry to a vampire draining the life's blood from American families. She warns that the banking industry in the United States is using its vast financial and political clout to push through bankruptcy-reform legislation that would remove most protections against creditors that consumers now enjoy.

Significantly, during the interview with Moyers, Warren told how during the last year of the Clinton administration she met with Hillary Clinton in New York City to discuss the bankruptcy-reform proposal then pending before Congress. After Warren described to the first lady how the consumer-credit industry gradually was destroying America's middle-class families, Hillary Clinton returned to Washington and single-handedly, says Warren, convinced President Bill Clinton to change his position.

In December 2000, President Clinton vetoed the most sweeping changes in the bankruptcy law in 20 years be-cause he said it was unfair to ordinary debtors and working families who fall on hard times, according to the Associated Press. Warren notes, however, that after Hillary Clinton was elected to the Senate from New York she switched sides and voted for so-called bankruptcy reform, illustrating the crushing political and financial power of the banking industry. Warren claims that the consumer-credit industry has spent tens of millions of dollars since then to buy approval of the proposal on Capitol Hill.
My emphasis. [link|http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_2004_March_1/ai_113363779|Link].
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Dunno.
[link|http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_keyvote_detail.php?vote_id=3480&can_id=WNY99268|She didn't vote for the bill.]

Her statement in the Congressional Record says she thinks the bill is [link|http://www.vote-smart.org/speech_detail.php?speech_id=83595&keyword=&phrase=&contain=|deeply flawed].

The bill passed the Senate 74:25.

I think she's getting a bum rap on this issue, based on the Vote-Smart information anyway.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Who are you going to believe?
A Harvard professor or the Congressional record? :)
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Not originally your own, perhaps.
But it sure sounds like it. ("If it walks...", etc.)

This, though:
Hillary would sell her mother down the river if it would mean more power for her.
...sounds exactly like unadulterated Repugnican Talking Pointery.

Or something you got from Bill (either one).

But I repeat myself...

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New I'll grant you that the skank term comes from Box.
Live and learn, I say. But, it's not totally out of bounds. The woman is a panderer in the extreme.

Perhaps if you had seen her kissing Hassidic ass in the village of Kiryas Joel in New York state during her Senatorial campaign. Or, speaking Ebonics in Atlanta, Georgia recently in her presidential campaign. It's well beyond anything I've seen over the years in other candidates.
Alex

New The "speaking ebonics" meme was debunked long ago
Context? Do you speak it?
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Here's a sample.
[link|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqj_JGwGTXA|YouTube]. But, it was in Selma, Alabama not Atlanta as I first said.

[edit] Correct location.
Alex

Expand Edited by a6l6e6x May 3, 2007, 10:51:17 PM EDT
New Now that you've confirmed she was quoting a hymn
Do you still think it was "speaking ebonics"?

[link|http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/501562.html.|Lyrics] for I Don't Feel No Ways Tired by James Cleveland
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Look, she's just another ambitious pol
I'm not rooting for her to get the nomination—far from it. And I'm no admirer of calculating "triangulation, nor of AIPAC ass-kissing. But for some reason "skank" seems to come in for an extra helping of vituperation for the same egregious moral compromises and the same symptoms of naked ambition that are scarcely remarked upon in her male rivals. Rudy Guiliani can do his Mussolini number and he's an aggressive, stand-up kinda guy, but let the Hillary assume a like stance and she's a bitch. Sorry, but I ain't buyin'. It's impossible to discuss this woman honestly without acknowledging that you're standing in a pool of public misogyny up to your sternum. I do not say that to criticize her is to drink of that pool, but you need to acknowledge that in the nature of the discourse your rhetorical raiment is necessarily steeped in the stuff.

cordially,

(edit: typo)
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
Expand Edited by rcareaga May 2, 2007, 11:17:39 PM EDT
New lemme explain to the unwashed
any repo vs
cynthia mckinney
maxine waters
kkk byrd
any dead politician you care to name
I will vote for the demo heathen
skank shows up I will vote repo to deny her the presidency as the only thing worse than shrub will be clinton II
now if you want another republican executive, give skank the nomination, it will show where your true interest lies....
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Why?
What do you fear about Clinton II?
New shrub with brains, that doesnt scare you?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Shrub she is not
Power hungry, yes, religious intolerant leader she is not. She seems to be showing signs of a sincere interest in learning the ins and outs of congress, something I don't think could ever be said about Shrub.

While I still would prefer the dems nominate someone else, I really don't see the comparison to Shrub. I can't think of anyone of the dems I would compare to Shrub. Repos, on the other hand...

Seamus
New tolerant? ya gotta be kidding
she holds a grudge longer than a irish elephant, petty and vicious. Read what her former workers write about her.
thanx,
bill

New I said she is not a religious intolerant
Meaning she won't be pushing any faith based initiatives. Nor, hopefully, would she be viewed as pursuing a religious war. Can't say the same for Shrub.

As for personal grievances, I have no idea where she ranks compare to the other dems, but I haven't seen any evidence it has affected her Senatorial performance. Again, I can't say the same thing about Shrub and his personal problems affecting his presidential performance. Nor his performance as Gov. of Texas.
Seamus
New what a huge blind spot she creates in some folks
no matter what she does, or who she does it to, a huge pass is given. Look there is a reason her trustworthiness and dislike poll numbers are where they are.
I guess some folks are to the clintons what the die hard shrubbies are to the current mess.
thanx,
bill

New I am not giving her a pass, just not comparing her to Shrub
She maybe smarter than Bill, but she doesn't seem to have his instincts. She doesn't come off as a natural politician too me.

I am not going to vote for her in the primary, but I definitely wouldn't vote for a repo just because she is on the ticket.

She seems to push your buttons for some reason.
Seamus
New Sbrub with brains...
...the oxymoron simply causes the head to spin mercilessly...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New vicous trogdelyte that thinks? I agree

New Bullsh*t
Give me a specific.

Or tell me you don't know and it's a gut feel.

But don't expect me to flesh out your paranoid fantasies for you.
New Geffen's quote
"the Clintons lie with such ease, it's troubling."
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New In many way's that just means she's a politician
Maybe she would rank first (or last) if we ranked politicians on there ability to tell the truth, but what does that tell us about how she compares to Shrub?

Is she going to forgo the veto and use signing stmts to ignore the laws she doesn't like?

Is she going to ignore the rest of the world and do whatever she wants?

Is she going to disregard worries of separation of Church and State to support Christian charities as a solution to our social ills?

Is she going to continue the use torture? Find inventive ways to avoid complying with the Geneva Convention? Take away the writ of Habeas Corpus from more people?

I could go on, but it takes more than being a good, or even an excellent, liar to get into Shrub's league. I don't put Hillary, or any other candidate, in that league. But, I also think he is unique among presidents in the amount of damage he has done to this country.

Does Hillary outrank all the other candidates in her ability to lie? I don't know. I am looking for a candidate with the balls to actively undue the carnage Shrub will leave behind; I don't see Hillary as that candidate.
Seamus
New You are confusing tacticts with goals
So, she's a better liar thatn Bush.
No shit.
He's stupid enough to think everyone should believe him because he's the "decider", and he might actually be delusional enough to believe the crap he spews.

One more time: What specific policy do you disagree with that you feel she will attempt to achieve?
New What is it with you all.
It was a David Geffen quote...I made no mention of the current President. None. Neither did David Geffen.

He decided to support a different democrat based on that belief.

Considering he was a previous supporter of the Clinton's...that speaks volumes.

Specific policies. Health care. PROTECT Act, specifically the creation of an additional government hierarchy to "oversee" our privacy. All telling. Big Fed programs are the way to save the "village".

New You didn't but the thread had devolved into a Bush vs
Hillary rant by the time you posted, so it looked like you were joining in the fun.

I don't like Hillary and I don't think anyone is comparable to Shrub but I think I should save that for another thread for fear of bring up the dreaded f word again.
Seamus
New If they were running against each other
I wouldn't vote for President.
New And that means you're a fricking wingnut.
New How so exactly?
There is no chance of a 3rd party candidate winning. I can't offer support of the top 2 candidates under ANY circumstance.

Its called...voting my conscience.
New By NOT voting AGAINST the abomination.
It's a bit like not resisting what rises out of the Hellmouth; NOT supporting the Slayer makes you an ally of Evil.

Sure, if that's what your "conscience" tells you to do... Duly noted.

(Heh... "Hilbuffy"! :-)

Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Sorry, ain't buying what you're selling
How does one vote for "lesser evil" when both are, in one's opinion, firmly entrenched in the 7th level of hell?

I'm not going to be faced with the fabled choice anyway.

Besides, no matter what >I< vote, my real vote will will be cast Democrat and has been every election since I've been in NJ. It doesn't matter what >I< believe...its what my "collective" does that matters. So, you see, all I have to vote for is my conscience. My state will vote for the Democrat. It really doesn't matter who it is.
New Easy.
How does one vote for "lesser evil" when both are, in one's opinion, firmly entrenched in the 7th level of hell?

Easy. Because even if they're equally evil, they aren't equal in their effect on the government.

If it looks likely that they're equally evil, and the polls indicate that the Congress and Senate are going to go to one party, then if you believe in divided government and checks-and-balances it can be argued that you have an obligation to vote for the candidate in the opposite party of the one that will have the Congress.

Of course, since candidates are never equally evil, it's an academic choice. Also, if you believe divided government is not an effective litmus test, then you can apply a similar test of your choice. In the end, it's never an equal choice.

You're right that the electoral college has the biggest impact at the moment. If you really feel strongly about the evilisciousness of the candidates, you should make your choice known in the primary on 2/5/2008 (and support your candidate before then).

Cheers,
Scott.
New Your "logic" is prejudiced
in that it is based on the "devil that you know" versus the "devil that you don't know".

And one could equally argue that the known evil is easier to deal with. Predictability leads to an easier defense.

And my point was to not vote for P only. I didn't say that I wouldn't vote at all.

And I completely disagree with the notion that there is some obligation to ensure that congress and the executive are owned by opposing parties. A desire possibly. An obligation...not at all.
New Compare and contrast w/ current "Administration"...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New So your argument is "they do it too so it must be ok?"
And lest I have to repeat myself again...I am not the one bringing the current admin into these arguments.

Geffen used that statement as a reason to switch allegiance in the dem camp
Expand Edited by bepatient May 20, 2007, 02:36:05 AM EDT
New No my argument is: Put yer shock and awe in yer pocket
You've seen this before, and said nary a word....
jb4
Expand Edited by jb4 May 8, 2007, 05:56:16 PM EDT
New Seen what, exactly?
Yes, I'd seen the Geffen quote before...simply never discussed in a thread to now..when someone was asking about reasons to dislike Hillary in the race.

Since she cannot run against Bush, I find it laughable that everyone seems drawn to bringing him into this discussion...and doing so with the "well Shrub lies too".

Thats hardly the point...unless, of course, the Dems are just as happy to place a candidate equally challenged by the "Truth" into the White House (again).
New "You're"? Sigh...
New huh?
New Google may be Your Friend...
...but if you start trying to manipulate people's perception of facts, then View Edit History is your enemy. :-)

New Yabut.. Shirley -
he be yankin yer chain here, as in -- about as [obv.] as, whenever Alberto G. opens mouth - another lie pipsqueaks out.

New Yeah, I know - I was trying to indicate my being...
...in on, and appreciating, the joke by means of that there "smiley" thingy.

Reflection: When people defend the use of smileys because "the non-verbal clues of a conversation don't come through in writing", they never mention instances like these, where smileys don't do the trick either.

(OTGH, maybe I wouldn't have managed to get that across in a verbal conversation either. :-)

New Yabut...ppl only read headlines!
New Agreed. It bothers me when Dems use Repubs talking points.
A lot of the language against Hillary reminds me of the [link|http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id330.htm|chatter] against [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldine_Ferraro|Geraldine Ferraro].

I guess we're going to have to see another 20 or more years pass before women candidates are generally talked about in relation to their policy recommendations rather than their chromosomes and appearance. :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who thought Hillary won the recent "debate" in South Carolina. And who thinks Romney triangulates far more than Hillary.)
New It shouldn't matter who says what.
The question is, is something true or not and does it matter?

Use your brain to sort thing out.

You want a woman Senator for president? How about Senator Susan Collins of Maine? There's someone who puts country before party.
Alex

New No it shouldn't matter
But, calling her a skank implies a gut level reaction that goes beyond what she is saying. Criticize her for failings as a politician, there certainly is a lot to criticize.
Seamus
New not at all, here is the definition
[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=227934|http://z.iwethey.org...?contentid=227934]
thanx,
bill

New By that definition almost all of the politicians are skanks
So it becomes rather meaningless. I personally don't like her, but what puts her on the same scale as Shrub?

That previous post was short of specifics, what makes her stand out from the normal fuckwitted behavior of other politicians?
Seamus
New I like this quote
"The Clintons have the largest collection of affidavits and letters attesting to alleged non-events to be found in contemporary politics."
how many other candidates can be tagged with un-indicted co-conspirator?
turning the cradle of serbian orthodoxy into a muslim state which the russians are still highly pissed about.
The constant non stop illegal fundraising in which she is being sued yet again by someone whose pocket she has picked and then turned on. From Rosen to Geffen to the chinese.
blech, its lunch and I havnt eaten.

New Alot of the animosity comes from Clintons being as sucessful
as they were and a lot of it is deserved. What makes her a skank but not Delay nor Gringrich?
Seamus
Expand Edited by Seamus May 4, 2007, 12:50:46 PM EDT
New what lttle non entities did they crush?

New Delay and Blankenship Gringrich and his ex-wives
By your definition all 3 are skanks, yet only Hillary deserves your wrath? All 3 should deserve your wrath, there is nothing that should make Hillary stand apart from Delay, Gringrich and others. They all should make the grade as skanks, but you save that label for Hillary. She seem obsessed with her.
Seamus
New blankenship is not a little people and an exwife
getting fucked appears to be a rebublican standard. By little I mean employees of hotels, waitress getting stiffed on the bill. Real little people.

Now tell me why she is better presidential material than anyone else. Any of the Democrats and almost all of the republicans are better choices yet you are championing her cause?

Does the skank label fit? In my mind yes. In your mind "Savior of free world"

Seems like a deadlock. I just hope she is not the candidate so I wont have to vote against her. I would rather vote for someone this go round.
thanx,
bill

New I am not championing her by any means
I am just wondering what sets her apart from the others in your eyes and now I think I understand. I find them all distasteful. How her treatment of the real little people compares to other politicians, I can not say. If she is the demo candidate, I will vote for Nader.

Seamus
New And that makes YOU, too, a right-wing-nut.
It was fuckwits voting for Nader that put Shrub in the Oval Office in the fucking first place.

Whoever isn't against him is for him.

New I said it tongue in cheek and I should have indicated that
Having said it wasn't a comment on Hillary or 2008 repo candidate let alone Hillary or Shrub, just that I am not fond of Hillary.

As to the 2000 election, if the people who voted for Nader had voted for Gore instead, he still might have lost due to republican chicanery.
Seamus
New You're out of your head.
And its not the first time.

Those idiots voting for Nader voted for who they wanted.

The Democrats put GWB in the office by putting forward loser candidates and not delivering a unified message to the US Voters.
New You ARE kidding, right?
DeLay disenfranchised roughly 40% of the Great State of Tejas through his engineered gerrymandering of the state in a non-census year. Strikes me as a rather large number of "little non-entities" in that group (and a couple for larger non-entities, if you count the Congrescritters that lost their seats as a result).
jb4
Expand Edited by jb4 May 8, 2007, 11:39:41 AM EDT
New name one individual little person that delay hosed over
as bad as the waitress that got stiffed for a $100+ meal tab like Hillary did. Most other people would have admitted the oversight (as did hill) and rushed to personally apologize and out of their own pocket pay the tab plus healthy tip. Not our Hil, she grumped that she wasnt supposed to pay for the meal, and grimaced when she found someone else to settle the tab for the face amount. That IS SKANKY by definition.

Now name the person that delay PERSONALLY stiffed like that. A person he didnt know or was related to. An ordinary person.
thanx,
bill

New The way you are going on about the waitress issue
I thought it was some type of habitual thing she did. I have only seen the one incident reported and she sent the waitress' son a $100 savings bond. Is there more to your personal animosity towards her?

OTOH, if Delay is good tipper that makes him less of a vile person than Hillary?
Seamus
New Hi. Let me intorduce myself.
My name is Jay, I'm a little person (no, not that kind of Little Person; rather, the kind Box is referring to), and I got hosed over by DeLay. How, you might ask, somewhat incredulously? Well, due to DeLay's meddlings, I have been denied accurate, proper representation in the US House of Representatives. No, I'm not a resident of Tejas (Gawd be praised), but since the gerrymandering he engineered has reduced the ranks of those who oppose the current "administation" from what they would otherwise be, I find that my life, liberty, and property are at greater risk than they would be had Tom Delay just been a regular everyday ol' white-collar felon. So, yes..I've been hosed.

Next question?
jb4
New quit waggin yer weinie, not the same at all

New No not the same at all
Waitresses got stiffed on a tip once in a while and are occasionally stiffed for the whole bill - usually by drunk idiots pulling a d&d. Hillary at least was able to recognize the need to look concerned about the problem. Delay still doesn't think he didn't anything wrong and is actively working so more repos can do more of the same to those poor lil' texan bastards.
Seamus
New it would matter if more than 1/2 VOTED till then
piss ass games for the people who care of which most of the people in this country dont
thanx,
bill

New We go to war with the electorate we have
not with the electorate we wish we had...
Seamus
New Nicely said!
jb4
New So, y'all show us where you've called Shrub a skank as often
New skank is a female word although skanky is indegenderate
Ive called him a fucktard which is equal genderly speaking
thanx,
bill

New Actually not equal, AFAICS / IMO.
"Fucktard" is a fricking term of endearment, in comparison to "skank".

New Nowhere near, IMO
"skank" is at least as offensive as "nigger", IMO.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
[image|http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/pwhysall/Misc/saveus.png|0|Darwinia||]
New depends on whether you are one dunnit?
Although I dont usually agree with RB KKK Byrd, nigger isnt a color its an attitude
thanx,
bill

New It's hard to tell what's true, sometimes.
Yes, the message should matter much more than the messenger. But in politics, it's very difficult to separate them. An awful lot of the criticism of Hillary revolves around her history and private conversations. I have no way to judge the veracity of most of those who claim first-hand knowledge of the various bad things she's accused of doing.

She rubs me the wrong way, too. I don't like the way she talks when she gives speeches. It's grating to my ears and it's a visceral reaction. Her head-bobbing when Bill gave speeches was another thing that I thought was manipulative and the press played along with it. I don't like some of the things I've read about her time in Arkansas (like her making so much money on cattle futures, with help from her friends). But she seems to generate great loyalty from people who know her (with the famous exception or two).

I don't think she's evil. I think the fact that she's held up so well from the decades of whithering criticism indicates that she's not just a political hack. She's a hack with some substance, unlike, say, (fill in the blank).

Calling her "skank" strikes me as being much worse than calling Bush "shrub" and I thought that was borderline childish. If one has criticism of her, one makes a better case by using verifiable facts and by not using misogynistic terms.

IMHO, of course. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who wonders why so many are brainwashed that Presidents have to be "likable" these days.)
New You can believe what you like.
I feel about Hillary like I did about Bush in 2000. They are simply frauds and gender has nothing to do with it.

Whatever their politics, Golda Myer, Margaret Thatcher, and Indira Gandhi showed that a woman can effectively lead a nation. Hillary is just not in that class.

And, I'm not missing the machinations of Rudy or McCain or Mitt either. We're just not talking about them at present.
Alex

New I think that one of the biggest strikes against her...
is the fact that many people (at least think they) were traumatized by the Clinton years and don't want to revisit them. That part of it is visceral - it really doesn't matter what her policies or voting record are.

Having a Clinton or a Bush as President for 24 - 28 years straight isn't very good for the country, either.

I think this line of argument will gradually wear away at Hillary's lead and Obama and Richardson will benefit - at least until they become better known...

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who thinks that it's still wide open for the "major" candidates on both sides until January 2008.)
New What Obama reminds me of.
Remember when Doonesbury had a character that was invisible? That's Obama. An empty suit. Except when he, on occassion, materializes and does something truly un-American. Like vote to make parts of the Patriot Act permanent, for instance.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
New So, did you call HIM such NASTY things? No? Q.E. frickin' D!
New That may be.
But, in 2000, after the W's despicable hatchet job on John McCain in South Carolina, I sent the McCain campaign some money. Never before or since have I sent money to a presidential campaign. Talk is cheap.
Alex

New The only candidate to ever get my dough was Jerry Brown. ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     Some 2008 contribution demographics - (Seamus) - (92)
         name the candidate who is not an lawyer :-( -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             "A lawyer" [or "an attorney"]. HTH! -NT - (CRConrad)
         And guess who owns the skank? - (a6l6e6x) - (89)
             the industrialists thought that they owned hitler atthe time -NT - (boxley)
             Et tu, Alexus? - (CRConrad) - (87)
                 if she was black - (boxley) - (5)
                     I was looking for comments from you - (Seamus) - (3)
                         no worries, coudnt tell anything under the cottage cheese -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             So you're an ageist also? -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 nope Im an assist - (boxley)
                     Thank you for proving my point so conclusively. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 Mrs. Clinton delighteth me not, but - (rcareaga) - (80)
                     dont mind sex meself - (boxley) - (2)
                         Yeah, it does. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Amen! - (jb4)
                     Not misogyny, my friend. - (a6l6e6x) - (76)
                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Who are you going to believe? - (a6l6e6x)
                         Not originally your own, perhaps. - (CRConrad) - (73)
                             I'll grant you that the skank term comes from Box. - (a6l6e6x) - (72)
                                 The "speaking ebonics" meme was debunked long ago - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                     Here's a sample. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                         Now that you've confirmed she was quoting a hymn - (Silverlock)
                                 Look, she's just another ambitious pol - (rcareaga) - (68)
                                     lemme explain to the unwashed - (boxley) - (32)
                                         Why? - (crazy) - (31)
                                             shrub with brains, that doesnt scare you? -NT - (boxley) - (30)
                                                 Shrub she is not - (Seamus) - (4)
                                                     tolerant? ya gotta be kidding - (boxley) - (3)
                                                         I said she is not a religious intolerant - (Seamus) - (2)
                                                             what a huge blind spot she creates in some folks - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 I am not giving her a pass, just not comparing her to Shrub - (Seamus)
                                                 Sbrub with brains... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     vicous trogdelyte that thinks? I agree -NT - (boxley)
                                                 Bullsh*t - (crazy) - (22)
                                                     Geffen's quote - (bepatient) - (21)
                                                         In many way's that just means she's a politician - (Seamus)
                                                         You are confusing tacticts with goals - (crazy) - (9)
                                                             What is it with you all. - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                 You didn't but the thread had devolved into a Bush vs - (Seamus) - (7)
                                                                     If they were running against each other - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                         And that means you're a fricking wingnut. -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                                             How so exactly? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                 By NOT voting AGAINST the abomination. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                                     Sorry, ain't buying what you're selling - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                         Easy. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                             Your "logic" is prejudiced - (bepatient)
                                                         Compare and contrast w/ current "Administration"... -NT - (jb4) - (9)
                                                             So your argument is "they do it too so it must be ok?" - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                 No my argument is: Put yer shock and awe in yer pocket - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     Seen what, exactly? - (bepatient)
                                                                 "You're"? Sigh... -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                                     huh? -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                         Google may be Your Friend... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                             Yabut.. Shirley - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                 Yeah, I know - I was trying to indicate my being... - (CRConrad)
                                                                             Yabut...ppl only read headlines! -NT - (bepatient)
                                     Agreed. It bothers me when Dems use Repubs talking points. - (Another Scott) - (28)
                                         It shouldn't matter who says what. - (a6l6e6x) - (27)
                                             No it shouldn't matter - (Seamus) - (25)
                                                 not at all, here is the definition - (boxley) - (24)
                                                     By that definition almost all of the politicians are skanks - (Seamus) - (18)
                                                         I like this quote - (boxley) - (17)
                                                             Alot of the animosity comes from Clintons being as sucessful - (Seamus) - (16)
                                                                 what lttle non entities did they crush? -NT - (boxley) - (15)
                                                                     Delay and Blankenship Gringrich and his ex-wives - (Seamus) - (5)
                                                                         blankenship is not a little people and an exwife - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                             I am not championing her by any means - (Seamus) - (3)
                                                                                 And that makes YOU, too, a right-wing-nut. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                                     I said it tongue in cheek and I should have indicated that - (Seamus)
                                                                                     You're out of your head. - (bepatient)
                                                                     You ARE kidding, right? - (jb4) - (8)
                                                                         name one individual little person that delay hosed over - (boxley) - (7)
                                                                             The way you are going on about the waitress issue - (Seamus)
                                                                             Hi. Let me intorduce myself. - (jb4) - (5)
                                                                                 quit waggin yer weinie, not the same at all -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                     No not the same at all - (Seamus) - (3)
                                                                                         it would matter if more than 1/2 VOTED till then - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                             We go to war with the electorate we have - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                                                                 Nicely said! -NT - (jb4)
                                                     So, y'all show us where you've called Shrub a skank as often -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                         skank is a female word although skanky is indegenderate - (boxley) - (3)
                                                             Actually not equal, AFAICS / IMO. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                 Nowhere near, IMO - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                     depends on whether you are one dunnit? - (boxley)
                                             It's hard to tell what's true, sometimes. - (Another Scott)
                                     You can believe what you like. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                         I think that one of the biggest strikes against her... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             What Obama reminds me of. - (mmoffitt)
                                         So, did you call HIM such NASTY things? No? Q.E. frickin' D! -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                             That may be. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                 The only candidate to ever get my dough was Jerry Brown. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Helmet of the meat!
644 ms