IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Taliban slowly growing in Afganistan
[link|http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9833660|NPR]
In Afghanistan, the Taliban insurgency is spreading, even reaching some provinces in the north that had never been its strongholds. Last week, Taliban fighters attacked a district only 45 miles from the capital, Kabul. Afghans increasingly fear that NATO and Afghan forces will lose the war.

One former Taliban official and Afghan author on the group says the Taliban's goal at this stage is not to take over Afghanistan \ufffd which they neither have the manpower nor popular support for \ufffd but to force the ouster of Western troops from Afghanistan.

They have significant power in the south and east regions, are expanding in the west and have starting probing the north. Control of the capital itself is secure, but suicide bombings are picking up.

Looks so much like a repeat of the Russian experience it isn't funny.

Jay
New Looking on the bwight side
Perhaps a confluence of a, umm 'relative-Maximum' event in Afgh, with a spike in the insane carnage in that Other place -- might just get that Impeachment prep accelerated - almost to the level as If Bush were caught having sex (with anything.)

I mean.. once that whiff was in the air - I don't recall it taking long for the Corporate Representatives to pile on Nixon; they are such cowards where it is only a matter of obvious Principle. I see the penguin ritual perfectly acted out there, at all times:

(Instinctively?) penguins stand right at edge of a berg/floe, all in a line;
all flapping 'arms' rapidy.
Inevitably, one loses balance and falls in.

Arm-flapping ceases.
All stand around and look - - -
Dead penguin? Nope -- ??
Surf's Up

Taliban slowly growing in Afganistan - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
         Looking on the bwight side - (Ashton)

How can he be so skinny and live SO phat?!?
52 ms