IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, dear. She went and said the "F" word
...and of course, [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=96742|Beep will get the vapors]:
Last autumn, there was a military coup in Thailand. The leaders of the coup took a number of steps, rather systematically, as if they had a shopping list. In a sense, they did. Within a matter of days, democracy had been closed down: the coup leaders declared martial law, sent armed soldiers into residential areas, took over radio and TV stations, issued restrictions on the press, tightened some limits on travel, and took certain activists into custody.

They were not figuring these things out as they went along. If you look at history, you can see that there is essentially a blueprint for turning an open society into a dictatorship. That blueprint has been used again and again in more and less bloody, more and less terrifying ways. But it is always effective. It is very difficult and arduous to create and sustain a democracy - but history shows that closing one down is much simpler. You simply have to be willing to take the 10 steps.

As difficult as this is to contemplate, it is clear, if you are willing to look, that each of these 10 steps has already been initiated today in the United States by the Bush administration...
The rest is [link|http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2064157,00.html|here].

I don't agree with everything the author says (if anything, she's soft-pedaling her premise, and I found such pious assertions as "Because Americans like me were born in freedom" a tad irritating) and she probably ought not use the easy term "fascism" because simple minds are drawn irresistibly to the argument that if it doesn't speak with an audible German accent it must be harmless, but on the whole it's a cogent summary of the case.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Any honest definition of facsism sees the US sliding there
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Its alright
After the last go round I went out and bought a black suit and jackboots.

I'm ready.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New I'm gratified to learn this.
Y'know, I think it's healthier for you not to pretend otherwise anymore.
New Anything to keep you happy.
Also practicing my Buscher Gru\ufffd.

Always the Boy Scout. Be Prepared!
New Brown, BeeP...BROWN!
Havent you jackboot types got any sense of fashion? (or history?)
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New Always go with the Hugo Boss
[link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_uniform|SS Black]
New Sturmabteilung. HTH!
New They go great with black shorts and silver shirts
Seamus
New got a light for my blunt?
sed J to the lion
drift way back to 1950, same deal. Drift forward to 1972 same deal. Drift to 1992 same deal. Drift to today the fuckers are over reaching, day of the rope or back the fuck off Jan 2009, besides beep and eye are having a getchur wink knod ak47 licence free sale in late June of 2007. Keep an eye on this space for details.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New o, well, nothing to worry about then
Would have dismissed these reassurances from the sage of the Pine Barrens, but as long as you tell me it's OK, box...
New you are aware that beep is from the dismal south joisey
via shitkicker west virginia? fool me once etc
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New I am a Californian born and bred, and
...NJ would fit handily into most of our counties here. The distinction between South Joisey and the Pine Barrens does not loom large from this remove.

cordially,
New west virginia is a long ways away from regular folks

New I thought the neocons were going down?
I thought Bush and his allies were being harrassed by Congress and Senate. I'd have thought that'd halt the fascist agenda.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Not for the gloom and doom journalists.
We are one terrorist attack away from suspending elections.

Maybe GWB will collapse another building.

[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]
Expand Edited by bepatient April 26, 2007, 09:19:35 AM EDT
New Depends on the building, of course -
If it's the WH - with major cabal members present in the bunker (whose air supply is cut off, etc.), why

President Pelosi will handle the civil liberties just fine.

Now {{President}} Cheney ... WTF do *YOU* think, Bill Pollyanna?

New Wouldn't you like to be so lucky
Though Nancy scares me a little less than Hillary.
     Oh, dear. She went and said the "F" word - (rcareaga) - (17)
         Any honest definition of facsism sees the US sliding there -NT - (Silverlock)
         Its alright - (bepatient) - (6)
             I'm gratified to learn this. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 Anything to keep you happy. - (bepatient)
             Brown, BeeP...BROWN! - (jb4) - (3)
                 Always go with the Hugo Boss - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Sturmabteilung. HTH! -NT - (Another Scott)
                     They go great with black shorts and silver shirts -NT - (Seamus)
         got a light for my blunt? - (boxley) - (4)
             o, well, nothing to worry about then - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 you are aware that beep is from the dismal south joisey - (boxley) - (2)
                     I am a Californian born and bred, and - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         west virginia is a long ways away from regular folks -NT - (boxley)
         I thought the neocons were going down? - (warmachine) - (3)
             Not for the gloom and doom journalists. - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Depends on the building, of course - - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Wouldn't you like to be so lucky - (bepatient)

They're going to sue you.
71 ms