IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The most contemptible of arguments is raised
[link|http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=26253787-3048-5C12-001430CB6F4D84FC|Politico]
Rudy Giuliani said if a Democrat is elected president in 2008, America will be at risk for another terrorist attack on the scale of Sept. 11, 2001.

But if a Republican is elected, he said, especially if it is him, terrorist attacks can be anticipated and stopped.

\ufffdIf any Republican is elected president - - and I think obviously I would be the best at this - - we will remain on offense and will anticipate what (the terrorists) will do and try to stop them before they do it,\ufffd Giuliani said.

The former New York City mayor, currently leading in all national polls for the Republican nomination for president, said Tuesday night that America would ultimately defeat terrorism no matter which party gains the White House.

\ufffdBut the question is how long will it take and how many casualties will we have?\ufffd Giuliani said. \ufffdIf we are on defense (with a Democratic president,) we will have more losses and it will go on longer.\ufffd

Interesting beat to it, but still a contemptible argument.

Particularly since it appears that the Bush administration should have seen it coming and did nothing.

Jay
New It's a stupid, dangerous argument for a politco to make
and it shows how stupid Rudy is.

Let's say for a moment that Rudy is elected...and God-forbid, another attack does occur (since it seems statistically likely that the next attack will occur after Bush is gone).

Then what the hell is he gonna say? "We didn't think they were going to crash airplanes into building?" He put NO qualifiers on that at all and he's BEGGING Americans to crush him in an attack.

Idiot.
New was mildly entertaining him depending on who the demo is
but his only hope with me after reading that is skank at the top of the ticket. Otherwise, ass clowned.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New I'll be flabbergasted if Rudy wins the nomination.
New stranger things have happened. Nixon won the nomination
back in the day. He is considered a moderate repo and the bidness folks like that more than the squirrel anti christ gobstoppers. All indications at this point is that those folks may sit on their hands this time out.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Dunno.
[link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudy_Giuliani|Rudy] has a lot of [link|http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/3/14/152536/838|skeletons]. It's true the business community likes a lot of his positions. And it's true that "conservatives" aren't happy with many of his positions. But, I find it hard to believe that the Republican party machinery that has been built-up over decades will suddenly sit on its hands rather than try to elect someone much farther right, like maybe Huckabee.

Giuliani might make a fine president (I can't see myself voting for him though), but I think he doesn't have a chance running as a Republican.

Who does? I don't know. I don't think a preacher like [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_huckabee|Huckabee] has much of a chance, but who knows. Maybe [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Thompson|Fred] will decide to jump in.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who thinks the democrats probably have a lock on the presidency in 2008, even if they pick Hillary (but I don't think they will).)
New His own kids won't vote for him

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:51:17 AM EDT
     The most contemptible of arguments is raised - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
         It's a stupid, dangerous argument for a politco to make - (Simon_Jester)
         was mildly entertaining him depending on who the demo is - (boxley) - (4)
             I'll be flabbergasted if Rudy wins the nomination. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 stranger things have happened. Nixon won the nomination - (boxley) - (1)
                     Dunno. - (Another Scott)
                 His own kids won't vote for him -NT - (tuberculosis)

Got LRPD?
61 ms