IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey man, wedding gigs rock if you can do them
the money is amazing.
New I know
I roadied for a band that did weddings to pay the bills so they could do bar gigs for the fun.

Busiest week was 4 weddings and 3 bar gigs. Lots of setups and teardowns. The band I worked for got pretty popular and started making enough on public gigs that they ended up dropping the weddings.
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Well, they pay well, and the conquest/hookup ops are solid
but the material can be a bloody drag.

Consider I did some wedding work in both Detroit (large polish contingent - break out plenty 'o polkas) and Albuquerque (need plenty of spanish/mariachi material - same fucking beat).

The Wedding Singer movie by Sandler - I think I lived it in Detroit.

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:41:23 AM EDT
New Yeah, well, not wedding gigs on the horizon here
we don't have the songlist for it yet. Still, we're picking up stuff pretty quickly, and if we keep up this kind of pace we might be able to do some of those kinds of gigs soon....
New I hope never to hear Celebration ever again.
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New I hope never to play it again

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis April 25, 2007, 02:08:31 AM EDT
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:44:49 AM EDT
New I just wanna celebrate....however...
is a classic.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New So is Stairway to Heaven
But nobody plays that anymore either

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:45:11 AM EDT
New StH is way overdone
same as Freebird, Cocaine and Smoke on the Water.
New She don't lie, she don't lie
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Heh, gotta throw that one on the list.
That's a great tune.
New thats a good way to start fights
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Eh? Dull - one note - played as octaves - whole song.
You might as well play tamborine.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:51:25 AM EDT
New Doesn't have to be complicated to work a crowd.
Just has to have its groove on.
New True, but a better bet: That's What I Like About You
It never ever fails to fill a dance floor or start a party and you'll get to move your left hand a couple times.

There is no surer thing in music.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:51:52 AM EDT
New Is ANYTHING actually good enough for you?

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
[image|http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/pwhysall/Misc/saveus.png|0|Darwinia||]
New One always strive to do better

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:51:57 AM EDT
New Needs more cowbell!
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Kool & The Gang?
We played that song in Junior High marching band.

One day we're out marching around the roads near the school, practicing, and what comes the other direction but a funeral procession.

While we're playing "Celebration".

And the band director didn't stop us while we marched past.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
     Well, I've just joined a band - (jake123) - (32)
         Fantastic! Stay loose. :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
         Well I will confirm one thing - (bepatient)
         Holy sh*t! - (crazy)
         I'm jealous - (tuberculosis)
         Nice, hope the gigs pile up. - (Silverlock) - (19)
             Hey man, wedding gigs rock if you can do them - (jake123) - (18)
                 I know - (Silverlock)
                 Well, they pay well, and the conquest/hookup ops are solid - (tuberculosis) - (16)
                     Yeah, well, not wedding gigs on the horizon here - (jake123)
                     I hope never to hear Celebration ever again. -NT - (Silverlock) - (14)
                         I hope never to play it again -NT - (tuberculosis) - (12)
                             I just wanna celebrate....however... - (bepatient) - (11)
                                 So is Stairway to Heaven - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                     StH is way overdone - (bepatient) - (1)
                                         She don't lie, she don't lie -NT - (admin)
                                 Heh, gotta throw that one on the list. - (jake123) - (7)
                                     thats a good way to start fights -NT - (boxley)
                                     Eh? Dull - one note - played as octaves - whole song. - (tuberculosis) - (5)
                                         Doesn't have to be complicated to work a crowd. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                             True, but a better bet: That's What I Like About You - (tuberculosis)
                                         Is ANYTHING actually good enough for you? -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             One always strive to do better -NT - (tuberculosis)
                                         Needs more cowbell! -NT - (drewk)
                         Kool & The Gang? - (admin)
         Congrats! - (Yendor)
         Sweet! -NT - (SpiceWare)
         That's awesome, I'm jealous, too! - (Steve Lowe) - (2)
             Not yet, we're still working on getting a perm bass player. -NT - (jake123) - (1)
                 I has a bass...but I'm nowhere near you :) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         the royal in picton? does it have one pole or two? - (boxley) - (1)
             No poles, but I hear that we're supposed to keep playing - (jake123)
         Good luck Jake! That sounds awesome! -NT - (Nightowl)

How very 1996.
238 ms