IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Will Microsoft fall back on their Judge Jackson strategy?
Namely realize that they have no hope of winning legitimately, and instead proceed to be so obvious and extremely contemptuous of the legal system that they can enrage the judge into doing something she will get reprimanded for.

I mean, failing large and obvious direct bribes, they don't have any other plausible strategy if she ever comes to understand the true situation (as it seems that she may be coming to).

Cheers,
Ben
New Dangerous trend.
Microsoft clearly need to be charged with a "contempt of the legal system"-type charge.

I also don't know why the DOJ never asked for a preliminary injunction stopping MS shipping Windows until this was sorted. Would have given MS impetus to get it over with quickly...

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Was it Heinlein (via Lazarus Long) who said

"Once is coincidence. Twice is enemy action."

They keep this up, nobody's gonna wanna play with dem no more.

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

"[...] a number of offences of murder by means of a blunt instrument, to
whit, a dragon, and many further offences of generalized abetting [...]"
-- (Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!)
New Contempt charges?
Do you really think they would care? :-)

Anyways I think that an indefinite injunction against shipping new products would be good. They need to be able to ship existing ones, too much depends on that. But not shipping new ones would be likely to get their attention...

Cheers,
Ben
New Contempt.
No, they probably wouldn't particularly care, but it should come with strong limitations on what they could legally do whilst under such a charge. Hard to come up with what that might be...

An injunction as you suggested would have been really good to see. Pity they didn't do it.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Cornering the market on politicians and lawyers - (marlowe) - (5)
         Will Microsoft fall back on their Judge Jackson strategy? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             Dangerous trend. - (static) - (3)
                 Was it Heinlein (via Lazarus Long) who said - (tjsinclair)
                 Contempt charges? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Contempt. - (static)

Most people are well aware that Steven Seagal is a master of martial arts and that his favorite place to find outfits is your grandmother’s tablecloth drawer.
62 ms