IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This stuff?
[link|http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_1342232_26/002-4858354-5232803?ie=UTF8&node=556948&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0K9KCTFTT8BQ9SGP2G95&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=237091001&pf_rd_i=555018|http://www.amazon.co...01&pf_rd_i=555018]

It doesn't seem any more expensive than the Calphalon we've purchased in the past...
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New pay that much for cookware? Dont they have yard sales there?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New If someone else didn't want the pan...
... why the hell would I want it?
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Divorced gourmet chefs are your friend... ;-)
New gramp bought gran a $350 cook set 20 years ago
they eat the early bird special at the diner every night now because its a bitch cooking for 2. Same way for cast Iron pots. Well maintained pots and pans at a fraction of the cost of new. Estate sales are good. We are talking about a holder of cooking food that heats evenly, not a fucking picasso :-)
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Well, here's the thing:
Time to find it online and click the button: an hour.

Time to comb dozens of garage sales to find something that might be suitable, but with unknown construction, utility, and provenance: ...

Free time I or my wife have to do either of these: not much at all.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New :-( scragging thru other peoples junk is a sport (to me)

New I'd rather play soccer with the 3yo
Which is exactly what we did tonight.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Yes, that's the stuff.
All-Clad has several lines including higher priced ones with copper layers and slightly lower priced ones with aluminum exteriors, but the three ply aluminum core line is what I've used in both All-Clad and Cuisinart and have no performance complaints with either brand.

Again, full wrap core is best for sauté pans and essential for smaller saucepans, but for 5 quart and larger stock pots the slab bottom is fine, actually better for some uses because the aluminum layer is much thicker preventing hot spots if you're using only the center flame for simmering.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New No, this.
[link|http://www.chefsresource.com/all-clad-copper-core-14-piece-cookware-set.html|$1900, 14 piece set].

Yikes!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Strangely . . .
Copper made into a pipe costs a few bucks for a 10 foot length.

About the same amount of copper stamped into the shape of a sauce pan costs hundreds of dollars.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Yow!
Regards,

-scott anderson

New But, but, you're ignoring gift Panini Set and free shiping!
:)
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
     Pan recommendations... - (admin) - (40)
         My $0.02. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Re: My $0.02. - (admin) - (4)
                 Get softer stirring utensils; wooden or plastic spoons etc. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 One more thing - Dishwashers are a no-no. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     If you don't have a subscription... - (Yendor)
                     Our pans have never seen the inside of one :-) -NT - (admin)
         We have been replacing our Calphalon with... - (folkert) - (2)
             Thanks - (admin) - (1)
                 Oh... I see. - (folkert)
         I have the same stuff - (tuberculosis)
         First - I don't believe in coatings. - (Andrew Grygus) - (18)
             Apart from the wok... - (admin) - (17)
                 Well, if cost is no object . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                     Cost is no object if it's going to last. - (admin) - (1)
                         Oh, they'll last all right. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     This stuff? - (admin) - (12)
                         pay that much for cookware? Dont they have yard sales there? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                             If someone else didn't want the pan... - (admin) - (5)
                                 Divorced gourmet chefs are your friend... ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 gramp bought gran a $350 cook set 20 years ago - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Well, here's the thing: - (admin) - (2)
                                         :-( scragging thru other peoples junk is a sport (to me) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             I'd rather play soccer with the 3yo - (admin)
                         Yes, that's the stuff. - (Andrew Grygus)
                         No, this. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Strangely . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Yow! -NT - (admin)
                             But, but, you're ignoring gift Panini Set and free shiping! - (a6l6e6x)
                 agree with andrew on the non stick stuff, as for cleaning - (boxley)
         Just a couple of months ago... - (Yendor) - (7)
             Re: Just a couple of months ago... - (admin) - (6)
                 Re: Just a couple of months ago... - (Yendor) - (5)
                     We have a giant corner cupboard. - (admin) - (4)
                         Got a picture? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Re: Got a picture? - (admin) - (2)
                                 Ah. I can picture it; no need to dig one up. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     I can't; dig away, First One! -NT - (CRConrad)
         We went for these: - (admin) - (2)
             Those are good ones. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 That's good to know. - (admin)

The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading only.
81 ms