IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I assume you are refering the 2nd being a states right

[Footnote 7] ... See also Hickman v. Block, 81 F.3d 98 (9th Cir.) (plaintiff lacked standing to challenge denial of permit to carry concealed weapon, because Second Amendment is a right held by states, not by private citizens), cert. denied 117 S. Ct. 276 (1996); ...

[link|http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment02/|http://caselaw.lp.fi...tion/amendment02/]

Not that I think it is going to stay that way.
Seamus
New I like this reference better
It seems to do a better job capturing the discrepancies:

Like the scholars, the lower federal courts are split on the issue, although their split is the opposite of the scholarly one: most federal courts which have stated a firm position have said that the Second Amendment is not an individual right. [FN13] The federal courts which follow the academic Standard Model *105 are in the minority, although the ranks of the minority have grown in recent years. [FN14] The courts on both sides, like the scholars, insist that they are following the Supreme Court.

[link|http://www.davekopel.com/2A/LawRev/35finalpartone.htm|http://www.davekopel...5finalpartone.htm]
Seamus
New Correct.
Each state has the right to arm its own militia. Used to be a State's militiamen had to bring their own firearms. Not true today (or for a very long time).

Ultimately, we have only those rights we are prepared to defend. Constitutional or otherwise.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     books and guns - (boxley) - (30)
         Bibles don't kill people, people kill people. - (Silverlock) - (1)
             And people *with* bibles kill *lots* of people -NT - (drewk)
         Dangerous simile. - (static) - (27)
             The pen is mightier than the sword (to coin a phrase) - (Ashton)
             Your bias is showing - (drewk) - (25)
                 Indeed! And here's one called... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     "God created man. Colonel Colt made them equal" -NT - (lincoln)
                 Maybe I should have said 'change a power differential. -NT - (static)
                 Re: the reason for the 2nd Ammendment over here. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                     Militia... - (imric) - (18)
                         Plus he selectively quotes the decision - (bepatient)
                         How did the framers define Militia? - (Seamus) - (12)
                             Bingo. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                 buy on from a private sale as well - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Thanks. My Grandpa. 'Nuff said. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 The rulings have been consistent - (bepatient) - (8)
                                     Show me the case where they said private ownership - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                         I assume you are refering the 2nd being a states right - (Seamus) - (2)
                                             I like this reference better - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                 Correct. - (mmoffitt)
                                         The amendment itself. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             Re: The amendment itself. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                 Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     Only one part of the courts - (bepatient)
                         He has two out of three definitions on his side. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                             Evolution of language - (JayMehaffey)
                             Exsqueeze me? - (imric) - (1)
                                 Re: Exsqueeze me? - (bepatient)
                     miller is goin down, already in the works -NT - (boxley)
                     Show me where it says the militia is an arm of the state? -NT - (drewk)

Save your piss. Seriously.
163 ms