IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New John clears it all up -
[link|http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2007/04/06/mccain/index.html?source=newsletter| Salon].
McCain: It's fun to be wrong

From "60 Minutes" via [link|http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/013482.php| Talking Points Memo] comes John McCain in an illustration of what Straight Talk is and isn't.

McCain acknowledges in a "60 Minutes" interview that his support for the "surge" in Iraq means that "I disagree with what the majority of the American people want." He also says that he regrets making what turned out to be entirely delusional comments about public safety in Baghdad.

But in McCain's telling, it's all just part of the fun of who he is and what he does. "Of course I am going to misspeak, and I've done it on numerous occasions and I probably will do it in the future," the Arizona senator says in the interview. "I regret that when I divert attention to something I said from my message, but you know, that's just life. I'm happy, frankly, with the way I operate, otherwise it would be a lot less fun."
I mean, ya gots to give the man credit.
It's a Wonder-ful Fun-derful Old World; all ya needsta do is Look on the Bwight Side.

New John is like the Dabney Coleman char in On Golden Pond
He's got one foot on the dock and one on the boat as it pulls away and it seems pretty obvious where he is going to land.

He just doesn't quite get the fact that when you try to create an alternative reality, such as with the security situation in Iraq, you can't even mention the reality you are trying to get away from.

More from the TPM:

He continues to maintain that the president\ufffds surge policy has improved safety in Baghdad. \ufffdI can understand why [the Army] would provide me with that security, but I can tell you that if it had been two months ago and I\ufffdd asked to do it, they would have said, \ufffdUnder no circumstances whatsoever.\ufffd I view that as a sign of progress,\ufffd says McCain.

Way too little, John, way too late for that bit of progress to be effective propaganda.
Seamus
New after 7yrs staring at the bamboo bars
a walk in bahgdad might be fun. Gotta admit his psych is way different than ours which is why I am dam leary of letting his fingers fondle the button.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     The retail experience: Indiana - (rcareaga) - (12)
         :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         John clears it all up - - (Ashton) - (2)
             John is like the Dabney Coleman char in On Golden Pond - (Seamus)
             after 7yrs staring at the bamboo bars - (boxley)
         Anyone have any questions ... - (mmoffitt)
         I don't remember where I read it - (Silverlock) - (6)
             Asif Mandvi on The Daily Show, perhaps? -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 Bingo -NT - (Silverlock) - (4)
                     Linky? I have *MANY* I'd *LOVE* to forward that to. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         do a search on youtube -NT - (Silverlock)
                         Video linky. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Thanks! -NT - (mmoffitt)

Jump, jive and wail!
40 ms