IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OT: Why do your quoted ' look like \ufffd\ufffd\ufffd?
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New Hell If I Know
I copied and pasted straight from the page as displayed in Firefox, adjusting all of the character strings that were representing the single quotation character. Funny thing is, when I saw the page in Preview Mode, everything looked fine before submission.

lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Try: View / Encoding / Western (ISO-8859-1). HTH!
New That is my Firefox default.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New That's the defaulted setting that I have
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
     White House's criticism of Pelosi's trip to Syria is pure BS - (lincoln) - (29)
         OT: Why do your quoted ' look like \ufffd\ufffd\ufffd? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Hell If I Know - (lincoln)
             Try: View / Encoding / Western (ISO-8859-1). HTH! -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 That is my Firefox default. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 That's the defaulted setting that I have -NT - (lincoln)
         Another Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich - (lincoln) - (23)
             What about ppl on the left? -NT - (bepatient) - (22)
                 WTF about them??? - (CRConrad) - (20)
                     are you getting lazy as you get older? - (boxley)
                     Did they complain? - (bepatient) - (18)
                         A better comparison - (Seamus) - (14)
                             Don't know - (bepatient) - (13)
                                 Not idiotic at all - (Seamus) - (12)
                                     Yes it is - (bepatient) - (11)
                                         BS - (Seamus) - (10)
                                             What a shocker. -NT - (bepatient) - (9)
                                                 Whatever -NT - (Seamus)
                                                 I am probably gonna regret this - (Seamus) - (7)
                                                     Its the very definition of politics - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                         Its not the only definition of politics - (Seamus) - (3)
                                                             Ok. Call me Imus - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                 Imus you're not -NT - (Seamus) - (1)
                                                                     True, I'm not crusty, mean and loaded. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                         Re: "don't see anyone on either side that seems.. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                             Among other things. -NT - (bepatient)
                         Considering that Newt himself is piling on Pelosi - (lincoln) - (2)
                             I agree totally - (bepatient)
                             Found a link - (lincoln)
                 you mean, besides the White House? -NT - (lincoln)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the WORLD!
59 ms