IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New coyote wanted a deli sandwich

So a coyote walks into a Quiznos . . .

Sounds like the start of a joke

It's not -- although dozens of downtown folks got a good laugh out of it Tuesday.

A male coyote really did wander into the Quiznos sandwich shop at Wabash and Adams -- in the Loop! -- just before 2 p.m. Tuesday. Workers had propped open the front door for the warm afternoon, and in sauntered the roughly 30-pound, 18-month-old wild animal.

"He probably smelled our prime rib," observed Bina Patel, 23, the shop's manager.

The coyote tried to nose his way past a small, swinging door that leads behind the counter, but worker Raymundo Zavala, 21, held his leg against the door.

Fellow worker Ronneshia Mukes, 19, screamed at the unwelcome guest and climbed onto the counter. The coyote then tried to jump over the counter, but he didn't make it.

The coyote found a seat on top of a stack of Diet Pepsi in an open cooler and settled in until an Animal Control worker arrived about 45 minutes later and safely removed him.

No one was hurt, although the coyote appeared to be bleeding slightly when he first walked in, workers said.

[link|http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/325903,CST-NWS-coyote04.article|Sun-Times story]

The Sun-Times home page has a link to some photos of it.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New Saw the pictures on the evening news.
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
     coyote wanted a deli sandwich - (lincoln) - (1)
         Saw the pictures on the evening news. -NT - (jb4)

Well, the place was crowded. We were packed in like sardines. They were all there to listen to the Big Band sounds of Tommy Dorsal. What sole! Tommy was rocking the place with a very popular tuna: "Sal-mon Chanted Evening," and the stage was surrounded by screaming groupers; probably there to see the bass player.
84 ms