IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Greg
trust works both ways. If I get attacked why should I trust anyone to act differently towards me? Why should I even think that I'll get a fair shake even if I can manage to go a week? I went for a long time without even posting on this forum, and I was still attacked and compared to other people and I wasn't even here.

Don't get me started on the favoritisms on this forum and the people that are allowed to do whatever they want without any rules. How come you don't treat them like you treat me when they are obviously acting worse than I could be? I showed some of their posts to my Psychologist, and he says they are sick individuals.

I admit I got some work to do, I can't promise to make a quick recovery in a week or even a month. It is not easy to change, and it might even take years. I hope you don't treat your 14 year-old daughter like you have treated me, because it really means you don't love her at all and you might actually be harming her. I am still recovering from the damage you and others did to me years ago. Those wounds take a long time to heal. I know how hard it is to be a parent, and I try to hide my illness from my son. I don't want him ending up like me. So far he is not like me, and is much happier.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never get the "respect and admiration" or whatever you claim I am after no matter what I do here. That I'll never be trusted and possibly not liked and possible hated even if I can go for a year without a blowout. Truth be known, I don't care and it does not bother me. I am trying, and while I do fail, at least I am trying. As far as I am concerned all of the haters who say they wish I didn't exist, or was in Gitmo, or want me to leave, can have those things happen to them instead. That they are the ones who wasted their lives and contributed nothing to the world and only think of themselves. I am busy helping my family, and helping out friends, and trying to do positive things, and in my career I created more things and earned more money than they even wished they had. How sad for them that they feel they can pick themselves up by attacking me, and how sad for you defending their bad behavior and their poor life choices. Poor me? No, I am not poor, it is they who are the poor ones. Pity them not me. I ask not for pity nor do I expect any, I believe that it will ever change.

All that there is would be adjustments, it is a work in process and change takes time to happen in a person.

I am interested in discussions, but there are still things that trigger blowouts. I am trying the best I can, and you might not even know how hard that really is or what it costs me to do so.

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

[link|http://district268.xormad.com|I am from District 268].
New You have to change for a *long, long time* before we trust.
It is that simple. If you work at it for a long time. You will have to put up with us for a long time. You came back here. YOU have the problems. You feel sorry for yourself. Grow up and work at being trusted. You will only get what you give. If you can't give out trust and only belive you are attacked, you will be. It is a self-fulfilling fantasy^WProphecy.

Get of you horse and do the work, take the bashings, work hard for us to trust you. I dn;t care if you don;t trust us. You have to earn our trust and it'll be a long long LONG while before you even gain an iota of our trust. If you slip up it is gone, you start over. You've burnt up so much good will, respect and kindheartedness, that it may be years before you see any reciprocal trust. Sure it is two way, I am glad you realize this, because it was flowing TO YOU for so many years before your charade was exposed... that you have SUCH a HUGE DEFICIT, you will have to make up before any of us will begin to give back to you.

YOU HAVE A HUGE TRUST DEFICIT, YOU OWE MANY OF US YEARS OF GOOD WILL, RESPECT AND KINDHEARTEDNESS. When that is repaid and it is shown you really can make a change for the best, then and ONLY THEN will you be trusted by any of us. There are those of us that will never trust you, you burnt enough to burn any ties to them.

If you cannot repay your debt, get on your horse and ride away and never come back.

Either DO and stay, or DO NOT and leave. Those are your choices, make it and act.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New I have to take abuse and bashings?
Excuse me Greg, but when I am not given abuse and bashings I seem to do quite well.

Once the abuse and bashings start, it gets to a point that the stress causes a blow out.

It seems if you guys really want to give me a chance and be fair, you'd stop the abuse and bashings and see how I do.

I guess not? You must want me to fail really badly, eh? Trying to force me off the forum, is that the plan?

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty words used in correct context -- no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

[link|http://district268.xormad.com|I am from District 268].
New Yes.
You've massively overdrawn your social capital account here.

If you get stressed by a internet forum, you really need to turn off your PC.

Of course, you'll only get bashed when you talk bollocks. As that's pretty much all the time, you're going to get bashed.

Life sucks.

Get a helmet.

Peter
[link|http://www.no2id.net/|Don't Let The Terrorists Win]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?pwhysall|A better terminal emulator]
[image|http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h262/pwhysall/Misc/saveus.png|0|Darwinia||]
New Uhhh...never mind
Never underestimate the power of a fatfinger...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
Expand Edited by jb4 April 4, 2007, 08:11:56 PM EDT
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #280661 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=280661|ICLRPD]
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New If you are not willing to do the work, yes leave.
If you are willing to do the work, stay and shut up about "Poor Norm".
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New There's a saying -
"You can't go home again"

(From one of several angles, it's about the fact that that 'home' never existed as you now think you remember it, and whatever did exist 'then' ... has changed. Too.)

People don't like to be jerked around by the deranged, and they may not ever be induced 'to care' - that's always a voluntarily offered or withheld kind of recognition.

Lastly, while there is indeed a columnist for a prominent newspaper, whose shtik is about ~ "her once having suffered some 'brain damage'" (which putatively accounts for her odd viewpoints on common topics) - she is/was read for the fact that: she is an acute observer of "things we always do".

People read her because she is a good writer, neither from sympathy over (a fanciful or real illness) nor because she is pathetic - and "we are 'supposed to cut her some slack'". Get it? She writes well - and that is enough. For her, such as she is - and for her regular readers. None reads for imagined 'guilt' /obligation.

You need to find All New People upon whom to practice your new academically-credentialled persona.. there you can start from 0, not -n. zIWE's collective reservoir of sympathy or empathy has long since evaporated. Thus, if you imagine to place any value upon your reception here, as some sort of confirmation of your Being Better\ufffd Now? -- well, if you cannot see the odds there, then:

You Aren't 'better', merely stubborn - and perhaps determined. to. 'explain'. no matter what.. That would be your terminal mistake here, IMO.

Simply, "we" aren't good for your fragile state.
Maybe in another year, if you show up completely cleansed of lugubrious references to how persecuted you are / thus how perpetually unfair are your detractors - things might be different. (No guarantees.) This recent dry run indicates that you can't do that, yet. Or fake it well enough, either.

fwiw

I wish you 'well', but am unwilling to become involved in the process, at all.
Now then, if your very next impulse is to (imagine you can..) "force a plebiscite of, Who Cares?"

. . .
New The problem, IMHO, is that you don't leave the past. (new thread)
Created as new thread #280587 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=280587|The problem, IMHO, is that you don't leave the past.]
     this is amazing, locked up for having tb - (boxley) - (19)
         Not until HIV goes airborne - (scoenye)
         It is a high stakes game - (tuberculosis) - (17)
             Rather than prison - (orion) - (16)
                 Standard lack of reading the article and then commenting -NT - (crazy) - (15)
                     Re: Standard lack of reading the article and then commenting - (orion) - (14)
                         IT'S AP! Ya know, Associated Press? - (crazy) - (13)
                             My security program says it is a phishing site - (orion) - (12)
                                 Norm. - (folkert) - (10)
                                     Greg - (orion) - (8)
                                         You have to change for a *long, long time* before we trust. - (folkert) - (5)
                                             I have to take abuse and bashings? - (orion) - (4)
                                                 Yes. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                     Uhhh...never mind - (jb4)
                                                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (jb4)
                                                 If you are not willing to do the work, yes leave. - (folkert)
                                         There's a saying - - (Ashton)
                                         The problem, IMHO, is that you don't leave the past. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                     greg, you are argueing with someone who uses a security - (boxley)
                                 I take it - (JayMehaffey)

Hey, that's MY pie.
137 ms