IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As shameful as when he hugged Bush -
despite all that earlier slime flung all over him by the Rove Machine.. a dance right out of The Green Table (lacking only the death mask.)

And to imagine that [the editorial 'we'] would fall for ANY characterization of some spot in Baghdad, in 4/07 as ~~

..where a Murican might walk through, with no more care than a Shrub trolling for crawdads in Crawford:

..means he's not even a mediocre Liar

He's dead, Jim.
Maybe as dead as wossname? "Mr. : Powell"

New Your not the first to notice
McCain has a huge problem, he has spent the past 8 years selling out to the radical right in an attempt to setup for this run. Unfortunately for him, it has done him no good. The radical right want a true believer, and they know McCain isn't one.

And his previous support among moderates and independents was often based in his distance from the radical right. Thus his support among that group has gone down.

I would say his chances of getting the nomination are nill, except there are no good Republican candidates. Every one running has major problems, thus giving McCain at least a sliver of a chance.

Jay
New Yup. Wouldn't surprise me to see several implode.
The cynic in me thinks that several of the candidates, on both sides, are "running" just to raise money for their other campaigns. They'll simply transfer the money to their Senate or House or Governor's campaigns when it becomes clear that they've milked the cow as much as they can.

McCain is striking me as if he's inherited Bob Dole's karma. "I was the runner-up in 2000, and I've been around for 30+ years, so it's my turn!" McCain's had a reputation, in some circles, of being too malleable (e.g. after the Keating 5 scandal, he had to push the Campaign Finance Reform wagon to gain credibility. Now that that is "done" he can morph into the "true Republican standard-bearer" that the talking-heads say is required to win the nomination.) - I think it's going to bite him this time.

IMO, it's still too early to know who will win. McCain has problems with Iraq, with "conservatives" and now with moderates. Giuliani has lots of baggage and people are questioning his [link|http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2007/04/president_911_inc.html?nav=rss_blog|cashing in on 9/11]. Romney's even more of a chameleon than McCain. Fundraising means little at this point - otherwise Connally and Graham would have been President.

Cheers,
Scott.
     NY Times story on McCain's visit to Baghdad. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Oh, I don't think that's really true - (jake123) - (1)
             He's gotten Berkyopia - (jb4)
         As shameful as when he hugged Bush - - (Ashton) - (2)
             Your not the first to notice - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 Yup. Wouldn't surprise me to see several implode. - (Another Scott)
         A cartoon to go with it.... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Yup. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Some security progress - 21 market workers killed in bombing - (Seamus)

Like one meaning some, and zero meaning nothing.
49 ms