IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cedega -- yea or nay?
My wife's computer has been broken by the past few Patch Tuesdays. This has required time and effort on both her part and mine to get things back to a working state again. This is wearing on her nerves, and I simply don't deal with Windows anymore, so my knowledge in that realm is becoming more obsolete as the days pass.

I'm considering getting a subscription to Transgaming's [link|http://www.transgaming.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&file=index&func=display&ceid=29|Cedega]. This would initially be for my use until I become familiar enough with it to be able to support her PC with Cedega. She's more of a gamer than I am, as I spend most of my time working, not playing.

They claim to have a release for Ubuntu, which would be good, as that's the distribution I tend to use. So...any good/bad reviews for Cedega?
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Re: Cedega -- yea or nay?
Tried it for three months, then went back to dual booting. It's rather buggy.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New Lets me run City of Villains
and better than it ran on W2K.

I wouldn't say it's actually buggy - but it doesn't run as wide a variety of games as I'd like.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Follow-up question for responders...
How recent is your Cedega experience? IE, when was the last time you used it?

Thanks.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New This morning...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Last year.
I think I used it in the first half of the year, but I don't remember for certain.

I used it to play Morrowind and Half-Life 2 - I don't think I played anything else with it.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
     Cedega -- yea or nay? - (Yendor) - (5)
         Re: Cedega -- yea or nay? - (inthane-chan)
         Lets me run City of Villains - (imric)
         Follow-up question for responders... - (Yendor) - (2)
             This morning... -NT - (imric)
             Last year. - (inthane-chan)

Yeah, would be nice if "despair" wasn't such an appropriate word choice.
68 ms