IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You would hope
You would hope, but the situation is more complex then Iran's diplomatic note suggests.

The exact line of the border is in dispute, and thus the British government will be loath to admit guilt unless they where clearly way over the border. Plus, the two governments have not yet agreed as to exactly where the soldiers where arrested.

Plus, Iran's airing of statements by the soldiers makes clear they want more then an apology by the British government. If that is all they wanted, they wouldn't be going out of their way to offend the UK.

Jay
New Iran's not speaking with one voice.
A big part of the problem is that the Iranians aren't speaking with one voice. IIRC, the Foreign Ministry said the woman sailor was going to be released. The next day another Iranian group said she wasn't.

There's no doubt that it's a complicated situation. My guess is the Ayatollah or his deputy will have to tell the groups what to do, and after that it'll be resolved fairly quickly.

All bets are off though if Iran puts on a show trial or the like. I don't expect the UK to take military action, but things could get very messy.

We'll see.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I was hearing on NPR yesterday...
...that speculation is the British sailors are being held by Revolutionary Guard, and that is where much of the hard-line stance is probably being brought from.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New Shades of Cuban missile matter..
When JFK opted to simply ignore.. a particularly hard-assed response -- which he deemed to have come from the Rove-feld/Cheney [equiv] wing of wacko militarists, not from Khrushchev.

Deemed Correctly, it turned out (or perhaps.. none of us here would Be h - well, you know.)

There is thus, and at least - a precedent for cherry-picking which messages to respond to. Not that one would ever ascribe to the bumbling Junta the niceties of such dances; more's. the. Pity. every day.

Third letter from prisoner British soldier in Iran - (JayMehaffey) - (5)
         Letter from Iran to UK embassy in Tehran - (Another Scott) - (4)
             You would hope - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                 Iran's not speaking with one voice. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     I was hearing on NPR yesterday... - (inthane-chan)
                     Shades of Cuban missile matter.. - (Ashton)

A.A.P.B. certified.
237 ms