IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New W2K loses it...
We ended up with four of these at work (motto: cheap is better). Someone didn't read the specs close enough and didn't realize the 1000 is USB only. That was problem #1 as the place is based on NT4.

We've since had enough new W2K machines come in so we could dispatch the printers. Two of those, however, are giving us serious grief. One worked for 2 days, then quit. No amount of fudging in W2K could bring it back. But when attached to another PC, it was picked up fine and has been working properly so far.

The second one refuses service at least once a week. Sometimes rebooting the PC helps, sometimes we need to eject and reinstall the drivers. Major PITA, so by now nobody wants a LJ 1000 anywhere near their desk.

Of course, no way to figure out if the problem is caused by HP, M$ or Siemens (PC supplier) My bet is with the HP drivers, as we've had major problems with their DJ 690C and LJ 1100 drivers as well.
New You've checked the HP site for newer drivers?
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
New Not yet. They scare me. But thx for the reminder
New There are 17 Dec 2001 patches for Win 2000, 98, ME, XP
[link|http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=Q1342A&prodName=hp+LaserJet+1000&locale=en_US&taskId=8418&taskName=download+drivers+%26+software&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=45674&prodSeriesName=hp+LaserJet+1000&Submit.y=6&Submit.x=8|Link.] But, it is slow as molasses.
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
     HP Laserjet 1000 - (bconnors) - (8)
         I'd skip it myself. Like my Lexmark T522N. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Prefer a non Windows-only printer - (bconnors) - (1)
                 Consider something like a used HP 5P - (Another Scott)
         Bought the lowend lexmark for my imac for $79.00 - (boxley)
         W2K loses it... - (scoenye) - (3)
             You've checked the HP site for newer drivers? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 Not yet. They scare me. But thx for the reminder -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                     There are 17 Dec 2001 patches for Win 2000, 98, ME, XP - (a6l6e6x)

Sittin' on the Group W bench.
63 ms