IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Arthur Andersen stock?
I tried to find the stock symbol for Arthur Andersen, but couldn't. Tried 3 web trade services.

Are they privately held?

Wuzzupwidat?

I'm not sure about AA, but when I was with KPMG, they were a limited liability partnership.

I believe the idea is that if they're doing the books for a firm, they can't be unduly influenced by said firm suddenly purchasing controlling interest through publically traded stocks.

Based on recent events, this particular safeguard doesn't seem to work that well, though....

Tom Sinclair
Speaker-to-Suits

Natural selection saw to it that professional heroes who at a crucial
moment tended to ask themselves questions like "What is my purpose in
life?" very quickly lacked both.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
New It is a partnership.
[link|http://www.andersen.com/website.nsf/content/MediaCenterNewsReleaseArchiveRevenue2001!OpenDocument|Link.]
Andersen just completed the largest expansion of its partnership in the firm\ufffds 88-year history. The admission of 589 new partners by member firms brings the total to 4,806 partners in the entities that comprise the worldwide Andersen organization. Andersen also advanced an unprecedented 817 partners to membership in the global entity that coordinates its member firms and other affiliates \ufffd an increase of nearly 50 percent.

Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
New 4,806 partners? Almost as many as Wilt C.
         It is a partnership. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             4,806 partners? Almost as many as Wilt C. -NT - (tablizer)

Don't touch it, it's excrement.
133 ms