IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fitzgerald ranked as low as 2 fired US Attorneys by Sampson.
[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/19/AR2007031902036_pf.html|Washington Post]:

Tuesday, March 20, 2007; A01

U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald was ranked among prosecutors who had "not distinguished themselves" on a Justice Department chart sent to the White House in March 2005, when he was in the midst of leading a CIA leak investigation that resulted in the perjury conviction of a vice presidential aide, administration officials said yesterday.

The ranking placed Fitzgerald below "strong U.S. Attorneys . . . who exhibited loyalty" to the administration but above "weak U.S. Attorneys who . . . chafed against Administration initiatives, etc.," according to Justice documents.

The chart was the first step in an effort to identify U.S. attorneys who should be removed. Two prosecutors who received the same ranking as Fitzgerald were later fired, documents show.

The chart was drawn up by D. Kyle Sampson, then an aide to Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales, and was sent to then-White House counsel Harriet Miers. The reference to Fitzgerald is in a portion of the memo that Justice has refused to turn over to Congress, officials told The Washington Post, speaking on the condition of anonymity because the Fitzgerald ranking has not been made public.

At the time, Fitzgerald was leading the independent probe into the leak of the identity of a CIA operative, which led this month to the perjury conviction of vice presidential aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. Fitzgerald, the U.S. attorney in Chicago, also had recently brought a corruption indictment in Illinois against former Republican governor George H. Ryan.

Hmmm....

Cheers,
Scott.
New And this surprises you how?
As I said in another post here: Cronyism: 35, Qualifications: 3. Fitz chose actually prosecuting over kissing Der Berk's ass, and he was marked down for it. and this surprises you how?

The only thing that kept him from getting summarily dismissed was choosing not to indict Rove for outing Plame.

What is the statute of limitations on prosecuting the revealing of a CIA operative's cover, anyway? Can rove get plunked after der Berk's "administration" is relegated to the trash heap of ignominity it so richly deserves?
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
     Fitzgerald ranked as low as 2 fired US Attorneys by Sampson. - (Another Scott) - (1)
         And this surprises you how? - (jb4)

Heh -- yeah, I'm well known here for my anarcho-libertarian preference.
32 ms