IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah. What I don't get...
...since BeeP is otherwise a sensible guy -- how the heck can he keep *defending* it?

That's truly mysterious to me.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New My take (FWIW)
BeeP is the consummate Capitalist (or, at least a capitalist apologist). If you believe the Market can do no wrong, then when it comes to politics, the Repos are your guys. This would be because Repos publically expouse the virtues of the Free Market (read: unbridled, unfettered Capitalism), all the while quietly manipulating the market to be anything but free and open. In the meantime, Dems believe that the Market can be, and often is, quite easily wielded as a cudgel, and therefore (rightly or wrongly, but more often rightly) rail against such wielding, especially by the Repos. This makes them (the Dems) the "Enemy of the Free Market".

BeeP, following the oft-repeated mantra of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", therefore would naturally gravitate to the party that represents (at least publicly) his primary Philosophy of Life. The problem is that he is intelligent, and perceptive, and understands that the enemy of his enemy are every bit as scum-sucking an outfit as his enemy is painted to be. This causes conflict, the results of which are some of the half-assed arguments he has expoused in the act of defending the enemy of his enemy....

Hope I've cleared that up for you a bit, Sir Cyclic.

;-)
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
Expand Edited by jb4 March 15, 2007, 05:38:57 PM EDT
New It isn't really worth that much.
While the capitalist part is true....

I understand that the free market is anything but...and in fact my venture into these forums some several years ago was at the behest of a fellow member because of my expertise in one of these particular market issues...that being antitrust.

It is YOUR height of folly to think that Democrats are somehow virtuous where the market is concerned. I have no such delusion. You think Bill Gates is a Republican? You think he hasn't manipulated a market for his own benefit? You deny him lying to Congress about said manipulation?

The current "issue" is anything but. Its alot of folks guessing at the intentions of a few and spinning it into a media firestorm.

2 years ago, Harriet, the dear old lady, suggested that they do a 2nd term purge. Yes, it would have not been "tradition". Instead, it was decided then to persue and replace those considered "underperforming".

Of freaking course those let go would bitch about this...saying "I did MY job"...just like anyone you've ever known that got fired.

Oh..but wait..the dems rubber stamp something that gives the Pres authority to do something they don't like (fill the posts without Senate approval)....MORE SCANDAL TO FOLLOW. (Dems are excused because it was a "last minute addition" or because it was "tacked on in secret....pu-frekin-leeze)

In routine hearings, someone is sent to report to Congress that doesn't know all the facts...says things...an email comes to light that suggests that maybe he didn't know the complete history...SCANDAL! (go figure a lacky is sent to talk about this)

One of the prosecutors indicted a Republican..and another didn't follow up on reported abuse in an election the Rep's lost...MORE IMPLIED SCANDAL! (never mind the CA US Attorney was on the list as non-performer 2 years before she brought the case against the rep)

Introduce Karl Rove. Dear Lord now you have the Dem's in a lather. The antichrist himself suggested a friend get one of the jobs...and he did. (no Democrat EVER practiced cronyism...EVER. Hillary. Travel. point. made)

And while unprecedented, unpalatable and whatever other UN you want to throw at it...it remains a fact that the President and his staff did nothing illegal...but its still SCANDAL.

In the meantime...I hear about how THEY would be DIFFERENT..while they continue to demonstrate an uncanny inability to LEAD. At bitching about others they are perfection. When asked to step to the plate and take a stand we're given "non-binding resolutions".

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     US Attorneys being fired? - (static) - (36)
         Seems to be holding up - (JayMehaffey) - (10)
             Josh Marshall has been on this for a while now. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 In today's dead-tree Milw. Journal-Sentinel - (jb4)
                 A decent apology to Josh from Time's DC bureau chief - (rcareaga)
             new insight into the issue - (boxley) - (3)
                 I don't think it's happend this late in a term before... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Along with the fact - (lincoln)
                 This is different - they were threatened - (tuberculosis)
             There's something I can't help thinking. - (static) - (2)
                 Re: There's something I can't help thinking. - (JayMehaffey)
                 The press is no longer fully complicit - (tuberculosis)
         Washington Post blog series about Gonzales. Part 1 of 4. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Same as the former CO at Walter Reed - (drewk) - (5)
                 Y'know what that sounds like? - (static) - (4)
                     Nah, I don't think that was quite DrooK's point. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         "The past exonerative" - (Another Scott)
                         [dup] -NT - (static)
                         Fine distinction, there. - (static)
         DOJ plan to appoint replacements without Sen. confirmation - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Once again, it's the imperial presidency and un-American! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         This is all pretty darned funny - (bepatient) - (15)
             Stay tuned. Well that didn't take long. Perjury, anyone? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 So they should have replaced all 93 for the 2nd term - (bepatient) - (2)
                     No. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Impeach him then. - (bepatient)
             Clinton replaced them all at the BEGINNING of his first term - (CRConrad) - (2)
                 I guess everyone else read the archives, too -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                     Im at August 14 last year. I'll catch up, then go to bed :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
             You missed my point. - (static)
             The inane "Clinton did it too" defense - (lincoln) - (4)
                 the height of intellectual dishonesty == Repo.SOP() - (jb4) - (3)
                     Yeah. What I don't get... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                         My take (FWIW) - (jb4) - (1)
                             It isn't really worth that much. - (bepatient)
             Justice Dept. Would Have Kept 'Loyal' Prosecutors - (lincoln) - (1)
                 #278282. :-) - (Another Scott)

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war!
64 ms