IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, that sucked.
I'm doing okay financially. Crusin' along, pulling in a slight bit more (and I do mean a slight bit) than I'm expendin' each month.

Did my taxes today.

I owe the fed $2k. My fault for not checking my deduction, but I didn't change my W2 form from last year, so they should have withheld the same amount. Apparently they withheld about half of what they did before.

So I'm fucked. Not only am I going to have to make up that $2k, I'm going to have to do it after taking a $200/month income hit to keep this from happening again next year. Nice to know that Our Lords And Masters have decided if they can't get a repeal of the 40 hour work week in the front door, they'll do it by making us take second jobs to cover the cost of fucking living and occasionally enjoying ourselves.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New I feel your pain...no, actually, I
feel my pain or, I suppose our pain, the "our" in this instance being mah spousette and me, she being a self-employed attorney. In the many years of our premarital cohabitation I could always count upon a nice few thousand dollars coughed back to me each tax season (I habitually overwithhold as a sort of subliminal savings plan), but since, ah, making an honest woman of her my extra contributions are all gobbled up by her liabilities: we barely escaped the wrath of the IRS for deficient deposits this year.

I note, looking at the detachable portion of a recent paycheck (I speak metaphorically of course: even the brain-dead employer went direct-deposit twenty years ago) that I'm now paying $2K/month in federal and state income taxes alone (medicare, heath insurance, professional dues, retirement &c all excluded), and marvel at the sum: thirty-five years ago, cut off from parental assistance, I contrived to put myself through college on dishwashing wages amounting to not much more than $2K per annum. I would have imagined myself fabulously wealthy to be making what I do today, but as a humble young dishwasher I had not yet grasped the murderous subtleties of compounding inflation, and would have swooned, quite, at the monthly housing outlay (indeed, I still swoon, quite, at our winter utility bills).

For the rest...SCOTUS Justice Oliver Wendall Holmes once famously observed that "taxes are what we pay for a civilized society." Today, of course, that "we" largely excludes those sectors prosperous enough to purchase legislative exemptions for themselves, and the taxes don't come close to covering Holmes' desirable abstract of roads and police, much less the cost of underwriting our tottering empire, and we are perforce involved in borrowing the difference. It will be interesting to watch it all unravel.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New can agree, losing a deduction sucks
I dont read the fine print on kinder credit, after 16 you dont get it so my planned vaca money dropped by a grand. Got a NICE raise, after the adjusted w4 I now get $3 more every two weeks than last year, sigh,
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Of course taxes don't pay for good roads and police
you think your local and state politicians care about those?

California could have double the tax revenues and we'd still have lousy roads and the same number of police on the streets.

--Tony
New get a payment plan
call the IRS, figure out how little you could pay monthly and still eat. If they accept that amount without fail ensure that the payment arrives before the agreed date or they will get huffy and seize paychecks and bank accounts and stuff. They will go to $40 a month, low interest but ensure that they are the ones sure to be paid first. Need to bartend on the weekends, meet people and party while getting paid.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Well, that sucked. - (inthane-chan) - (4)
         I feel your pain...no, actually, I - (rcareaga) - (2)
             can agree, losing a deduction sucks - (boxley)
             Of course taxes don't pay for good roads and police - (tonytib)
         get a payment plan - (boxley)

We are antisocial. We like things on our own terms. We break stuff for fun. We're judgey.
38 ms