I spent the last couple of months helping my mom out, she's having medical problems and I've been helping by communicating with doctors, finding out about medications, etc. Most of the time I was online I was researching information for her or about her. I had been involved to the point of trying to make sure she was doing the things the drs told her, but I gave that part of the job up after a conversation with my brother and sister and have stepped back from active watch to a more passive watch. But I'm still helping her a lot, and can help anytime she asks, I just don't have to try and convince her to do this or that, or feel responsible or guilty if she doesn't. I just tell someone else (relatives who have agreed to help).

She had an MRI and was diagnosed with Small Blood Vessel Disease of the brain (hardening of the arteries), and Osteoporosis/Osteoarthritis of the neck head and jaw. So she's been suffering from pretty bad headaches for months, and we finally convinced her to get to a neurologist whom she saw last Friday. She had a bunch more tests done today and will be starting pain management next week.

It's a relief to have time to hop in here and post, to be honest. I was overwhelmed for awhile there. Prayers are definitely welcome, as we are still not over all the hurdles yet. But the worst things have been ruled out like dementia, Alzheimers, and Parkinson's and they say her current condition is treatable.

I sure missed you guys/gals though, this place is a great escape!

Glad you're all back!

Brenda