IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Agreed. It's a boutique car.
I briefly looked at one on a dealer's lot when getting my Jetta TDI. The interior has an awful lot of hard shiny plastic - like on the top of the door (where one would rest one's arm). It seems like a very cheap car - interior-wise.

It's a car for those who are interested in grabbing attention by driving something different. It's probably an ideal car for students at UCLA. I like the fact that VW brought it back. It showed that there was interest in cars that didn't look like a Corolla/Civic/Sentra/etc. and got the domestic manufacturers to do more to make their cars look different.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with sharing chassis - if it's done right. The Audi TT shares a lot with the New Beetle, but it's a much better car. Of course, it costs 2+ times as much, but there you are. Apparently the Nissan 350Z shares a lot with the Murano (and it's one of the reasons why the Z is heavier than many would like). If it's done right, sharing components makes sense and everyone benefits.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Sharing is good.
The Mitsubishi Lancer and Mirage from a few years ago weren't quite two different cars: there was a lot of overlap. Several engine options were the same, and a lot of the body and trim was the same, too. It was one of the more obvious cases I've seen of how to save money making two 'different' car models. But it was done well.

Wade.
"Don't give up!"
[link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] · [link|http://yceran.org/|website]
     Automobile Magazine: VW GTI 2007 is "Car of the year". - (a6l6e6x) - (17)
         VW is very reliable. - (pwhysall) - (16)
             A friend of mine took the GTI for a test drive recently. - (Meerkat)
             That's [Volkswagen AG] [GTI], not [Volkswagen] [AG GTI] - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 re Different models that aren't... - (Meerkat)
             Re: VW is very reliable. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
                 VW is really several manufacturers. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                     Looking at it that way, which car company isn't? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                         McLaren. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                             On the New Beetle. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                 Agreed. It's a boutique car. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Sharing is good. - (static)
                                 Disagree on the original - it met its design goal perfectly - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                     Mod parent up, +5 Insightful. <//.> -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     All true. - (pwhysall)
                                     Then too, it's (still) good enough for Bob Pease - (Ashton)
                     Re: VW is really several manufacturers. - (pwhysall)
             I know a number of people who will never buy VW again - (tonytib)

Barnaby Jones?
43 ms