IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Several comments...all of them good.
1) Good luck. Appropriate appendages crossed.
2) Make fun of the cheeseheads all you want. I do
3) As a Bears fan, I'd say, bashing the Packers is an honorable pasttime, even for Vikings fans <raspberry />.

Seriously, good luck. One more thing, however: Wisconsin taxes are high...higer than Illinois (which is the main reason I'm reticent to move there...well, that an the difficulty receiving Bears and Cubs games on the local telly). Explore that before you jump fully. Except for that, have fun!
jb4
"When the final history is written in Iraq, [link|http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmate/2006/tmate060926.gif|it'll look just like a comma.]"
George W. Bush, 24 Sep 06
New Taxes
It looks like income tax is .55% (6.5% vs 7.05%) less than Minnesota.

Property taxes are about the same, but no homestead deduction as in Minnesota. Result - property taxes paid will be double what Minnesota charges. Since property value is half of current home, amount paid will be the same.

Since I'll still be working in Minn, i can make any purchases where ever I can find the better value. Sales tax in WI (St. Croix county) is 5.5% St. Paul MN is 7.0%

And I can get gas at the cheapest location.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
     Made an offer on a new house last night. - (jbrabeck) - (21)
         Woot! Fingres Crosesd for you. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Congrats! - (Steve Lowe)
         Very nice -NT - (crazy)
         Sounds nifty -NT - (tuberculosis)
         That was fast! - (bionerd) - (5)
             Power of MLS online - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                 how will the state income tax(es) affect you? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Numbers - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                         you dont have to pay income taxes in both states? - (boxley)
                 Re: Power of MLS online - (Bman)
         Good for you, Joe! Cringy extremities well flossed here. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Several comments...all of them good. - (jb4) - (1)
             Taxes - (jbrabeck)
         Good luck, Joe! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Vehicle - (jbrabeck)
         Update - (jbrabeck) - (3)
             they prolly dont realize they arnt going with :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Actually that was discussed - (jbrabeck)
             My wife's 1993 Corolla (5 speed) gets ~ 35 mpg highway. - (Another Scott)
         FSBO or Agency? - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             I'd probably go with an agent. - (Another Scott)

Her patriotism is as genuine as her hair color.
78 ms