IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Won what?
[link|http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061127/LOCAL/611270415|http://www.indystar....7/LOCAL/611270415]

"The U.S. Department of Transportation recently reported that 183,234 more fliers suffered mishandled bags in September than did a year earlier -- an increase of 92 percent.
The number of reports per 1,000 passengers was up from 4.56 in September 2005 to 8.25 for September of this year. And that was well before the start of the busy holiday travel season. As many as 25 million people were expected to fly for Thanksgiving.
Valerie Wunder, spokeswoman for US Airways, blames the Aug. 10 ban on most carry-on liquids as the main culprit for the spike in mishandled baggage.
Her airline has seen a 30 percent increase in checked bags since the ban was implemented."
--
Chris Altmann
New Yeah, so?
so 3 more per thousand arrive without baggage and the terrorists have won?

Not hardly.

This simply shows that the airline baggage systems STILL can't handle the volume. The increase in losses is directly correlated to the increase in checked bags.

And US Airways has simply THE WORST baggage handling systems at all of their airports..but Philly in particular is outstandingly bad.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     U.S. gives fliers secret scores - (lincoln) - (37)
         "would be critically impaired without access..." - (jb4) - (27)
             What privacy? - (bepatient) - (26)
                 Did I say that? No, I didn't. - (jb4) - (25)
                     Not directly but it is only logical conclusion - (bepatient) - (24)
                         Except for the **other** only logical conclusion - (jb4) - (19)
                             Except that.. - (bepatient) - (18)
                                 You may have stumbled onto something there - (hnick) - (17)
                                     It really boils down to the fundamental issue - (bepatient) - (16)
                                         Yepper... - (hnick) - (15)
                                             Every day I work for the government. - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                 My hide has similar gouges - (hnick) - (13)
                                                     Not to mention just plain thievery. - (imric) - (12)
                                                         Dude, if you didn't check it - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                             It's just adding another layer of idiots to the mix. - (hnick) - (9)
                                                                 Won what? - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                     The situation hasn't changed? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         You aren't looking - (bepatient)
                                                                     Re: Won what? - (altmann) - (1)
                                                                         Yeah, so? - (bepatient)
                                                                     True only at a very broad level. - (hnick) - (3)
                                                                         Re: True only at a very broad level. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                             Some disagreement... - (hnick) - (1)
                                                                                 Perspective? ___ 'Ask the Pilot' - (Ashton)
                                                             Umm - I don't check things NOW - (imric)
                         HUH??? - (lincoln) - (3)
                             What do you use as ID at the airport? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 when I show the ticket counter agent my driver's license - (lincoln) - (1)
                                     Issuing state and expiration - (bepatient)
         That's nothing - (tuberculosis) - (8)
             OH MY - (bepatient) - (7)
                 In fact, they are not - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                     Plus, internet retailers can't take our life or liberty... -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         No, but - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                             True. Misuse of private info is bad, no matter who does it. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Wal-Mart is working on that one. -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Perhaps not big river - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Oh sure - (tuberculosis)

I say, I say now Reason! Won't you put your blue jeans on?
85 ms