IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I wish Bush'd stop calling himself a Christian.
It would make a *lot* of things so much simpler.

Wade.
"Don't give up!"
New How? Why?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Because then people would distinguish better.
There is a lot of what Bush and his administration does that is his agenda, and there's a lot that is similar to the agenda of the US Religious Right. Unfortunately, the RR don't call themselves that: they call themselves Christians. This creates a problem for those who do not identify with the RR but do profess Christianity. In other words, the two are merged in a lot of people's thinking. Actually, the three, because Bush is associated with the RR.

I don't begrudge the man his religious opinions, but I do begrudge that he has - perhaps not wholly intentionally - co-opted a label that isn't really his to co-opt. In other words, it's difficult for me to be associated as a Christian whilst not being associated with Bush's 'Christian' actions and beliefs.

Wade.
"Don't give up!"
New thats why the term christianofacist and christianosist
need to be introduced immediately to the vocabulary. Example, today a local radio guy who is a freedom loving bugger remarked that he found nothing wrong about the lone Muslim Congressman taking the oath of office on the Koran because the US does not have a state religion. As his co-worker put it if you dont beleive in the bible you might as well place your hand on a cute girls ass (he euphemised it) the hate calls started immediately. People wernt going to listen to osama boortz any more. Christianofacists, the lot.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
     Christian Coalitian president elect resigns - (Silverlock) - (14)
         well gay marriage is certainly there - (boxley) - (3)
             I was thinking new testament - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 well point out the ways the Joshua Ben Joseph was not a jew - (boxley) - (1)
                     Not a rabbit hole I want to go down. - (Silverlock)
         I think it's funny - (warmachine)
         Wait! there's more.. (never mind 'gay' or 'marriage') - (Ashton) - (8)
             Too many LRPDs there to count... - (jb4)
             Speaking of which... (new thread) - (Meerkat)
             I wish Bush'd stop calling himself a Christian. - (static) - (3)
                 How? Why? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                     Because then people would distinguish better. - (static) - (1)
                         thats why the term christianofacist and christianosist - (boxley)
             Wow. - (ubernostrum) - (1)
                 ICLRPD - (Steve Lowe)

In a hole in the ground there lived a Hobbit.
44 ms