IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmm.
You should read [link|http://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/0618680004/|Dawkin's latest book], if you haven't already. Atheists are a tiny minority in much of the world. While it's true that determined minorities are usually the ones that change the world, it's a very tough process.

His [link|http://richarddawkins.net/home|blog] is pretty good too.

I think that it's more likely that atheists will be banned from aircraft than theists will.

Cheers,
Scott.
New You're right.
Atheists will be banned from domestic aircraft *way* before the God-In-My-Image crowd. I know this will wrankle a few, but I seriously do not see much of any difference between the following: Islamic Extremists, Christian Evangelicals, Zionists. With any of the three, their respective gods have chosen *them* and just *them*, so anything they do to the rest of us poor slobs is okie-dokie with The Big Guy™.
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     Up for discussion... - (jbrabeck) - (17)
         Interesting - (bepatient) - (1)
             Dunno. - (Another Scott)
         if they can eject hassids from a plane for praying why not? -NT - (boxley)
         I say, ... - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Hmmm. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 You're right. - (mmoffitt)
             If we banned all the theists... - (inthane-chan) - (4)
                 Not an excuse, an opiate. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     Sure doesn't seem to mellow anybody out... -NT - (inthane-chan)
                 South Park did an episode about that - (drewk) - (1)
                     IRLRPD. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
             Not any more peaceful at all - (imric) - (4)
                 Huh? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     s /God/Greed/ - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Thanks. The re-reading was fun. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Yup. - (imric)
         Not entirely true... - (jb4)

But isn't everything better with Christopher Walken?
47 ms