Bum-mer - and you weren't even naive - ran down alleged maintenance data < purchase.
Some.. think that a live trip to an unrelated mech. is de rigeur for anything 'costly'. They are either paranoid or Very smart, I wot. (I went with the data, because shop was local and with decent rep.. but it was ~ a gamble.)
In June, he had the front prop shaft seal and the lower oil pan gasket replaced. Which means that he thought he had the problems fixed, and it's just my bad luck that they weren't. Damn.
Dunno how much dismantling was needed for access to that shaft + pan; it's always about exhorbitant /hr. labor rates, esp. with Dealer overheads. But have you considered calling/visiting that shop, with the latest guesstimates?

Yes, I realize the crapshoot of taking-responsibility, don't know local rules re warranty on such repairs. In CA we have a Bureau for enforcing a semblance of performance on any licensed shops, individuals. And the prototypical Lemon Law.. We *KNOW* our car people.

Doesn't solve the xmission dilemma - net search for a lo-mile wreck?
I've heard stories of satisfaction there. But unclear if Audi has problems with that model; I've certainly heard a few ex-Audi owners with highly developed moans. (Useless info with no handy stats, of course.)

Now if 'twere Japanese - I've heard *lots* of satisfied US purchasers of $400-600ish engines, or cheaper transmissions: with (~ 60K km Japan use, when exchanged by law, over there.) Their anality: our serendipity.

Luck.. sometimes you can stir up a little

A.