1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Make sure to vote on Tuesday!!!
New Did at 7:04 AM
I'm wearing my sticker.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New I've done my duty.
But, it is strange to have to drive buy two polling places to get to your own.

Encountered a new electronic voting machine, fortunately with a paper trail printer. It was interesting that it had an "Are you sure?" kind of screen at the end because I did not vote for any unopposed (all Republican) offices.

Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New service.performed();
When I got to my polling place, after checking in, I was asked if I wanted a paper ballot, or to vote on the polling place's lone computer.

I responded with a question of my own: Who makes the computer-based voting system in use here?

Response: Diebold.

Answer: I'll take a paper ballot, please.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New *grin*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Done and done.
Now lets see what the rest of the Georgia voters do, after all the totally vicious mudslinging down here...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

Expand Edited by imric Nov. 7, 2006, 04:21:34 PM EST
New Not a single republican worth my time.
Though, no democrats are above that.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New Well, you DO have to hold your nose
I did get to vote for a Greenie, but the Libertarian was a little too funky for something that might be a close call, so I voted D.

Maybe next time we'll get at least a 2 party system. And a pony. They're nice... as long as someone else picks up the poop
New libertarian and one write in for Bill the Cat
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Re: libertarian and one write in for Bill the Cat
for what office?
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
New unopposed fwit repo state house critter Chip Rogers
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Voted at 10am.
"Fill in the circle" pen and paper system. Easy to use and hard to screw up.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New They've got a new thing here.
A few elections ago they went to the Incadot system. Just like the previous punch system but it does ink instead of punching holes. Looks pretty reliable - and it's paper based.

The new thing is they had a verifier machine on site. You slide your ballet in and if it doesn't find any problems the light turns green and the ballet gets locked inside, otherwise it spits it out.

Of course I asked the guy attending it, "Is this the shredder?"
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Done ... well, I think so anyway ... it was a Diebold
Interesting thing was that the several races that showed more than two candidates showed Republican, Democrat and ________. Yup, no party affiliation on the others. And there were several races with non-major-party candidates, for a total of about 15 or so without any listed affiliation.
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Mailed in a while ago.
     Make sure to vote on Tuesday!!! -NT - (Another Scott) - (14)
         Did at 7:04 AM - (lincoln)
         I've done my duty. - (a6l6e6x)
         service.performed(); - (Yendor) - (1)
             *grin* -NT - (imric)
         Done and done. - (imric)
         Not a single republican worth my time. - (folkert) - (4)
             Well, you DO have to hold your nose - (hnick)
             libertarian and one write in for Bill the Cat -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Re: libertarian and one write in for Bill the Cat - (lincoln) - (1)
                     unopposed fwit repo state house critter Chip Rogers -NT - (boxley)
         Voted at 10am. - (admin)
         They've got a new thing here. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Done ... well, I think so anyway ... it was a Diebold - (drewk)
         Mailed in a while ago. -NT - (inthane-chan)

It looks like someone transcribed a naval weather forecast while woodpeckers hammered their shift keys, then randomly indented it.
118 ms