IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Got a new car. (Warning: Get broadband)
[image|http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/5176/sideqy7.jpg||||]
[image|http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4253/rearkp6.jpg||||]
[image|http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6601/opendoorkm4.jpg||||]
[image|http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/6860/insideyj2.jpg||||]

'97 Acura Integra GS. Runs great, looks great, Gina (my dance partner) pronounced it "HOT!" and foretold that some interesting stories are gonna happen in that car.

I think she might be right.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
Expand Edited by inthane-chan Oct. 26, 2006, 06:48:44 PM EDT
New 5 years have elapsed so quickly! :)
Looks likely you followed Andrews advice on getting a chick magnet.

According to Consumer Reports, Acura Integra is usually fairly trouble free.
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
New It was a good deal.
What broke me down wasn't bicycling to the grocery store, or the rain...

It was the two hour busride home from dancing. Leave at 11pm at night, get home at 1am. Bus service where I live is AWFUL.

So I'm still walking to work. I still bicycle to get groceries or go to the gym.

Going dancing? I'm taking the chick magnet. :D
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
New Nice Ride
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Nice car.
And good transportation plan. I'd walk or ride my bike too if the only bridge weren't narrow and dangerous for non-car traffic.

I should have some pictures of my new ride to put up here in a few days too.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New A wise choice..
At least, as far as my hearsay goes. The repair record of a friend's '93 LS has been typical: 0. (Oh yes - one of the air registers in dash is stuck.) No 'repairs', only maintenance + auto body repairs after physics laws weren't broken.

I'm still impressed by how well her (maintenance-free) interior has held up - the materials in door panels for ex. appear to me about the best compromise for longevity and not-tacky - in anything near the price.

(I'm biased, of course - having bought another '94 Acura model, after considerable research.)

I don't think those are stock wheels [??]. As Integras are popular in the "cold air intake" nee bling-bling set.. any info about previous owner? (His/Her age ;-)

Since you aren't a mechano-obsessed type:
suggest you grab all the dealer maintenance records you can (local one may be able to get these just with VIN#.) You definitely want to Know if/when the fabric timing belt (and water pump) were replaced VS miles on clock. That is an "interference" engine (as is my 5 cyl.) ie. valves can / probably Will hit pistons if that belt breaks, much above idle speed. Belts are rated at 80-100K miles or: 6-7 years. I know some sad stories..

If a less-than savvy previous owner: good insurance to change/bleed new fluid to all the brakes. Most of the troops change all fluids, on acquisition of a car, unless they know the previous; have all records. Maintenance gets neglected, y'know?

The premium-Hondas (as Acuras are), especially up to mid-90s -- regularly top 200K mi without any real repairs - unless owned by cretins. (I'd have opted for a clean Integra, but their quality rep inflates price.. so I went with a sleeper of equiv. unbreakableness - but a model ~nobody ever heard of. A quite more expensive car, for less.)

But the Integra size is saner! as I'm reminded when in the '93.. Can't have it all.

Luck - it's always a crap shoot, what with all them *&^$#$%% computers spread around the works.

New Bought it from a dealer.
Dealer actually just replaced the timing belt. I have a receipt for ~$1400 of work they did on it getting it salable, all guaranteed for 12 months. Had it checked out by the mechanic here at my work (we have a large automotive program, the guy in charge and I get along well - I fix his computer, he fixes my car) and he gave it a clean bill of health, other than that the spark plugs need changing and the rear struts are eventually going to have to be replaced.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
New Looks great
Good luck
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
     Got a new car. (Warning: Get broadband) - (inthane-chan) - (7)
         5 years have elapsed so quickly! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             It was a good deal. - (inthane-chan)
         Nice Ride -NT - (bepatient)
         Nice car. - (admin)
         A wise choice.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Bought it from a dealer. - (inthane-chan)
         Looks great - (Bman)

This is nothing compared to Grand Theft Auto III, because you can't steal a taxi cab, pick up somebody, then drive into the ocean with him.
45 ms