IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nice catch... albeit about a month -n-half late...
And yes, it is AWESOME.

He does it everytime. Of course he now asks the parodied artist if he can parody the song. At least since Coolio got pissed about "Gangster's Paradise".
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
Freedom is not FREE.
Yeah, but 10s of Trillions of US Dollars?
SELECT * FROM scog WHERE ethics > 0;

0 rows returned.
New He always asks
the deal with Coolio was that he apparently asked publicist, who said "Great, go ahead"...and the publicist never told Coolio.

By rights, he doesn't have to ask at all, as parody has always been viewed as fair use...but Al has character...unlike the Vanilla Ice types. "Hear it??? Mine's got an extra beat".
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New And anybody who says "no" doesn't deserve it.
I've always felt that an artist had to have some kind of notoriety in order to get parodied by Weird Al. If he offers to parody you, it's an honor, like a roast.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New To some, it is an honor
Both Joan Jett and the lead guitarist of Dire Straits gave premission to Weird Al, on the condition that they be allowed to appear in the videos. They had a great time jamming to a parody of their own songs.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New That's good to see.
That of thing gives those sorts of artists extra cred. It shows they aren't too precious about their work.

Wade.
"Don't give up!"
     Weird Al has done it again! - (gdaustin) - (7)
         loved it :-) -NT - (Steve Lowe)
         Welcome back! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Nice catch... albeit about a month -n-half late... - (folkert) - (4)
             He always asks - (bepatient) - (3)
                 And anybody who says "no" doesn't deserve it. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     To some, it is an honor - (lincoln) - (1)
                         That's good to see. - (static)

Any more detail than what's there and you'd have to have the magic software they use in movies to pull a license plate out of five pixels.
50 ms