IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Washington Post endorses Jim Webb in VA Senate race.
It's not really surprising, since Webb has most of his support in the DC suburbs, but it's good to see none-the-less.

[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/17/AR2006101701477.html|Washington Post]:

THE U.S. SENATE race in Virginia pits a novice politician, Democrat James Webb , against a much more experienced one, incumbent Republican George Allen, who spent much of the early fall obliterating his reputation for amiable charm and political deftness. As Mr. Allen has partially admitted, his wounds in the close race have been mostly self-inflicted and have left a sour taste in the mouths of many Virginians. Still, there is an even better reason to vote against Mr. Allen: Quite simply, he is a mediocre senator whose six years of undistinguished service do not justify rehiring.

His opponent -- former Navy secretary, former assistant defense secretary, former Marine Corps officer and former Republican -- is admirably independent-minded. He was prescient in warning, back in 2002, that the war in Iraq risked stranding the United States in a long-term occupation without an exit strategy. An intelligent man with a record of integrity, he has resisted the packaging of political consultants, which can only be a good thing. Those assets, as well as his deep familiarity with military and national security affairs, offer the promise that he would make an able, if unorthodox, U.S. senator. And the fact that his youngest son is deployed as a marine in Iraq gives him a perspective that is rare in today's Congress.

[...]

Emphasis added.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Er...
six years of do-nothing? Could it be because his party had no control over congress?

Or am I missing the point?
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New Re: Er...
Allen is a Republican. Unless I am having a serious senior moment, they have had complete control for the 6 years in question.
New Reading for comprehension. I need to do it. :P
     Washington Post endorses Jim Webb in VA Senate race. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         Er... - (inthane-chan) - (2)
             Re: Er... - (hnick) - (1)
                 Reading for comprehension. I need to do it. :P -NT - (inthane-chan)

Please do not spit too loud, thank you.
37 ms