1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I know what *I* think would happen
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New And do it 20 million times.
In every line, in every shift, in every airport.

See if results are same.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New So ...
It's wrong to do it, because it would be wrong for 20 million people to do it. Great, I like that logic. Because that means you don't get to excuse the screener on the grounds that it was only one guy.

Hey, works both ways.
===

Kip Hawley is still an idiot.

===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New sigh
no...I could give a rat's patootey if all 20 million did a jig. The point is statistical probablility.

You have a much higher statisital probability of having a >man on man< incident of stupidity if you repeat the interaction 20 million times.

The point is simple. If there were some brazen plot to crush dissent being undertaken by the TSA, I think we'd hear more about it. Pure statistics.

Which is why, it is much more likely, that this is an aberration that resulted in barely a noticeble stutter in the man's step towards his airplane..

Everyone is perfectly within their rights to stand in the middle of the airport and shout "Kip Hawley is an idiot"...but since part of TSA's job is to screen for odd behavior...I would expect every once in a while...some of those people may be marked for s secondary screen.

And, if you really want to stick to the rules, the TSA agent was NOT factually incorrect when stating first amendment rights don't necessarily apply within the lines. Speech >is< restricted by law in those lines and that fact has been posted on those lines for many many years. Of course, the speech in question doesn't really qualify as talking about a bomb or other restricted items...but if we're looking to be absolutely specific...
New Finally, in last \ufffd it - - - it sorta dawns, eh?
Of course, the speech in question doesn't really qualify as talking about a bomb or other restricted items...but if we're looking to be absolutely specific...

Prec\ufffdsam\ufffdnte!

Even a Rent-a-Cop needs training about what a Constitution is, along with the plan du jour - and with speech of Any Kind: needs the capacity for discretion / discernment (as much as you can get for $10/hr.) Thou sayest: It IS Impossible to write an absolutely specific manual.

(At very Least: "'Bomb' == Bad. 'fanciful musings' / mere frustration == unLikely to = Bad".) D'Oh\ufffd

Oh and: "'Bombers' are rather unlikely to act-out any frustrations, be flippant or otherwise Draw Attention to Themselves\ufffd".

Ya suppose ol Kip yet groks That to fullness? (Took you a while..)

No need to thank me; we were trained ~~ "Each one teach one" :-)

New that still has zero
to do with my point...just a further obervation of the technical aspects of the interaction.

The point was, if you really want to be absolutely specific, the statement was >technically< correct. So the answer to the man's rhetorical question regarding his 1st amendment rights was given accurately. "No, they don't apply in here."

This doesn't translate to 1) he was right. 2) he acted appropriately 3) he's just a misunderstood authority figure.

Just don't want you wetting yourself thinking I've had a change of opinion.
New Dunno, Beep.
"You can't write things like this" he said

It seems to me that since he wasn't charged with anything, the [link|http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6440005|TSA Supervisor] was wrong and that he can, in fact, write things like that. Of course, he now has a bigger file with a couple of law enforcement agencies...

Unless we want to start arguing the meaning of "correct" and "wrong" and "wrong doesn't mean illegal" and whether First Amendment rights apply to phished Social Security numbers, and so forth, I think this subject has been beaten to a pulp. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Agree...we're rolling it to paper about now
and given our law enforcement agencies ability to keep track of anything...I don't think that's much of an issue either.

I doubt the form ever leaves the airport.
New And what shall we roll in that paper?
jb4
"When the final history is written in Iraq, [link|http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmate/2006/tmate060926.gif|it'll look just like a comma.]"
George W. Bush, 24 Sep 06
New Mary Mary, quite contrary, how doth your garden grow?
New starting salary for a tsa screener is 35k a year
you think for that much you would get a little common sense
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New optimist.
New oops, $23.6 forgot about the 25%cola for alaska
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New dupe...
Expand Edited by bepatient Oct. 5, 2006, 08:27:39 PM EDT
New he would get deep anal cavity search?
     Thought experiment - (drewk) - (30)
         All are fine. - (bepatient) - (13)
             Point of order - (drewk) - (12)
                 Point of what order? - (bepatient) - (11)
                     *boggle* - (drewk) - (8)
                         I can't type any slower - (bepatient)
                         What I do not think you understand is - (tuberculosis) - (6)
                             Careful - (bepatient)
                             Fine. Just don't call yourself "free". -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 Your freedom - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                                     But he wasn't swinging. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         FIRE -NT - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                             You're really reaching. Or trolling, not sure which. ;-p -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Stay the Course. Never admit error. Leadership material! - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Rising above cute to..... - (bepatient)
         real experiment - (boxley) - (15)
             I know what *I* think would happen -NT - (drewk) - (14)
                 And do it 20 million times. - (bepatient) - (11)
                     So ... - (drewk) - (10)
                         sigh - (bepatient) - (9)
                             Finally, in last \ufffd it - - - it sorta dawns, eh? - (Ashton) - (8)
                                 that still has zero - (bepatient) - (4)
                                     Dunno, Beep. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Agree...we're rolling it to paper about now - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             And what shall we roll in that paper? -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                 Mary Mary, quite contrary, how doth your garden grow? -NT - (bepatient)
                                 starting salary for a tsa screener is 35k a year - (boxley) - (2)
                                     optimist. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                         oops, $23.6 forgot about the 25%cola for alaska -NT - (boxley)
                 dupe... -NT - (bepatient)
                 he would get deep anal cavity search? -NT - (boxley)

Wanna Buy a Billionaire?
131 ms