IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reread Addison's first two posts a couple times more, Ash...
Ashton: Thanks for the exposure to Windoze Does Flying. Scary. I really WILL eschew Airbus, but see that the idea is bound to spread.
...then maybe you'll notice that IT! WASN'T!! AIRBUS!!! that had the Win-NT instrumentation.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Poetic license - re 'fly-by-robot'. On another tack -
Ever read Airframe, Michael Crichton's take on the industry via a fictional particular 'incident' ?

It contains a pretty persuasive argument for 'letting the computer help', along with a reminder that most fighters today could not be flown without servo-loops making weird airfoil, pressure and other calculations, second by second.

We'd be really stupid though - not to see the transparent bizness goal of: a traineee in every automated plane, in cel-fone contact with one of the dozen remaining actual pilots. Most big air wanna-be monopolies are morphing to MBA operation, the CIEIO having 0 knowledge of flying.

So while Airbus might not be That naive (let M$ design our controls) they Must remain in death-struggle with Boeing, lest there be just The One US Monopoly. What will they risk to demonstrate 'higher profitability' ??

(Yes the NT epithet ought to be reserved for clear-cut boondoggles. I will do better, er less..)

A.
New Naah...
Ever read Airframe, Michael Crichton's take on the industry via a fictional particular 'incident' ?
...but I'll try and get it sometime soon. Since you can't seem to stop recommending it, and all! :-)

It contains a pretty persuasive argument for 'letting the computer help', along with a reminder that most fighters today could not be flown without servo-loops making weird airfoil, pressure and other calculations, second by second.
Actually, AFAIK, "most" fighters today _are_ still inherently aerodynamically stable. All of them except the SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, that is -- or is the Rafale in production yet? The ATF/YF22 doesn't count; I'm fairly sure it's still just in the prototype stage.

So while Airbus might not be That naive (let M$ design our controls) they Must remain in death-struggle with Boeing, lest there be just The One US Monopoly.
Fuck knows how far they'll go... Not THAT far, I sincerely hope. One little ray of light that contributes to keeping this hope alive is the likelyhood (fact?) that as a European (Pan-, actually) company, they'll be more reluctant than Boing-boing to keep that _other_ "One US Monopoly" in power...

(Yes the NT epithet ought to be reserved for clear-cut boondoggles. I will do better, er less..)
(I just got the "Only the choicest German spam!" LRPDism, BTW. This has to mean *something*...)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
     WIndows NT in the cockpit. - (addison) - (14)
         So lemme get this straight... - (jb4) - (13)
             I don't know about that. - (addison) - (12)
                 Huh? manual override at the COMPUTER's option ? - (Ashton) - (11)
                     The computer is always right. - (addison) - (10)
                         Cackle.. loved the last \ufffd - a tissue of contradictions - (Ashton) - (9)
                             And then there's the USMC V-22 Osprey... - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 I understand the Osprey now. - (addison) - (3)
                                     So then.. what about the Cartercopter\ufffd ?? - (Ashton)
                                     Re: I understand the Osprey now. - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                                         Now That's the best excuse for the 'Osprey' I've seen! -NT - (Ashton)
                             I've gotta share that \ufffd - (drewk)
                             Reread Addison's first two posts a couple times more, Ash... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 Poetic license - re 'fly-by-robot'. On another tack - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Naah... - (CRConrad)

It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
43 ms